Chapter 4

Someone was breathing heavily on my face. I opened my eyes and Snowpaw was standing over me, her face almost touching mine.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "I didn't mean to hit you that hard, it was an accident."

Suddenly she was lifted into the air. Roseshine had lifted her by her scruff and moved her away.

"Stand up Lavenderpaw." Roseshine said. "I need to see if you're okay."

I rolled over from laying on my back to laying on my stomach. I pushed up into a standing position.

I gasped as my head exploded into a migrane but then as quickly as it started, it left.

I opened my eyes though I couldn't remember closing them.

"Lavenderpaw? Lavenderpaw?" Roseshine was saying.

I looked at her and everything seemed to clear up. "I'm okay, I'm fine." I whispered.

Shadepaw was at my side too. "You hit you're head pretty hard, are you sure you're fine?" she asked me.

I nodded, feeling embarrased beccause I passed out when Snowpaw jumped on me. I looked around for her. She must have left when Roseshine started talking to me. I saw Snowpaw with Sootheart and Moonleaf.

Sootheart was standing over Snowpaw lecturing her and he looked angry. Snowpaw hung her head and stared at her paws. Her ears were angeled back and I thought I saw her whimper. Moonleaf was sitting behind Sootheart looking at anything but them.

Anger filled up inside of me. Moonleaf wasn't doing anything to defend Snowpaw.

I looked up at Roseshine. She was watching them to but instead of anger, she had pity in her eyes. 

After a final word, Sootheart stalked away.Sagepaw stood up panicked from his sitting spot next to Riverpaw. He looked franticlly at Redwind, probably wondering if he should follow Sootheart. Redwind nodded and Sagepaw scampered away.

Moonleaf looked down at her paws. Snowpaw was watching her. She started shaking and suddenly burst into tears. Snowpaw turned around and crashed through some bushes trying to get away.

Flintpaw followed after her. I decided to comfort her too, it was my fault after all.

I ran through the bushes after Snowpaw and Flintpaw. I could smell their scent all around me.

The bushes led to a clearing. I padded to the center of it. I lifted my nose into the air and sniffed. I couldn't smell them. In fact I couldn't smell anything. No stale fox, no warriors passing through on patrol, no prey, just nothing. I heard a rustle behind me and I whipped around.

Right infront of my face was a cat.

I almost screamed but I held it in. There was something calming about this she-cat. She looked familiar. I racked my brain for any memories of her, it came to me.

When I was a lot younger my father had burst into the nursery, his lavender eyes shining with fear. He had told my mother something about Thunderclan and a border skirmish. A warrior had been injured and my father was worried that she wouldn't survive. Lilyfeather had taken me and Shadepaw to visit her. My mother had been friends with one of the she-cats siblings but I couldn't remember her name either. The medicine den had smelled like blood. In the corner I could see the small form, her silver chest was rising and falling very slowly. Two figures were standing over her and my mother rushed over to the smaller one, resting her tail on the cats shoulder. The silver she-cat had died by morning just as my father had suspected.

The same silver she-cat was standing infront of me now. How was that possible? She died when I was a kit.