Chapter Fifteen: Realistic Dream

The morning sun brings me to my senses and I sit up, noticing the small sand grain sticking to my skin. Crashing waves, the smell or salt, sound of seagulls makes me wonder. Am I really here? Or is this just another dream? Maybe life has worked out and that was all a bad dream. Markus loved me from the start and he didn't cheat, lie, and betray me. He's been the best mate I've could have hope for and that vampire thing was just a dream.

Standing, I noticed the white strapless linen body-con dress and white sandal I was dressed in and wonder where am I. I moved quickly and noticed a beach house behind me. White painted oak and a light tan to match the warm sand beneath my feet. My mind hummed and my stomach turned. I was nervous again, but what for? I walk up the stairs and to the patio door of the house and I knocked on the glass. No answer made me knock again and this time I turned the latch, entering.

"Hello?" My voice wafted through the kitchen and dining room before meeting no one. I moved slowly and thoroughly to see if someone, anyone, was there to help me. I wanted to go home. My mom needs me, my friends are worried and I'm scared. Kitchen, dining room, and living room cleared, I made my way upstairs, swallowing the eagerness down. Standing on the landing, I noticed a beam of bright light to the left and retreat around the corner, almost like a signal.

"Hello?" I called following the light down the hall and turned to meet double door completed with twelve frosted panes covered by white sheen curtains. I turned the knob. "Anyone here?"

I entered and the first thing I see is a white fluffy bed with several thick pillows and a massive white canopy. Using the same material on the door, the bed was covered from the canopy to the floor. I looked around and spotted the balcony doors open.

I made my way over to the doors. "Hello? Excuse me, can you help me? I have no idea where I am and I need to get home,"

I stepped through the threshold and stared at the large back of a male, with slightly curly blond hair and my heart stopped.

Markus.

"Markus? Markus? Where are we? I want to go home now." I said and watched as he turned, hands in his pockets.

Dressed in white linen pants that hung dangerously low on his hip, I bit my noticing the define abs and strong 'V' his body made trailing downwards...I looked up and watched his ember eyes glint with mischief. I back up into the bedroom again, this time he followed.

"Markus?" I asked and held my hands up in defensive. "Where are we-"

He snatched me up, yanking my body towards his and hitching my thigh over his hip. He lifted me higher, and I supported myself by using my arms against his shoulders.

"Markus! What the hell? Put me down now!" I shouted.

He smirked, "As you wish."

I remember falling and landing on the softest material in the world, I looked around and noticed how I sunk into the middle and the canopy was etched with beautiful designs. Wait canopy...I'm on the bed? I tried to sit up, but the soft silky material kept me sliding in place and I watched as Markus walked around the bed, watching me writhed to be free from the sheets. He stopped back in front of the bed and used a long finger to push away the cover of the canopy, almost condescendingly. I grabbed the sheet in front of me and sat up straight.

"Markus!" I snapped. "I want to go home now!"

He chuckled and stepped through, kneeling on the edge of the bed and waited. I bit my bottom lip and scooted backwards, Markus of course, took my place and moved to me kneeling. When I backed into the headboard, I felt around for anything that was going to save me, but sadly, a pillow didn't do much. He came face to face with me, and I turned away hoping he'll take the hint I wasn't interested.