Chapter Three: Ambushed (Markus's P.O.V)

Staring at the pale peach colored walls of Ella's room, I grew more and more irate knowing she's out there somewhere and won't call or text me. She turned off her phone and I can't track her. Her parents are still angry at me from that night almost two and a half months and I've noticed her friend, Rowan, hasn't been since either in the past two months, and I'm guessing she's with her but despite the numerous attempts in trying to speak to them, they're angry at me for collapsing their son's lung the one time he talk to Ella.

I don't know where to look, or who to talk to. No one has since her, and no one even knew she was leaving and now I'm here without my mate that might be hurt or dead somewhere and no one knows it. Or worse, she's having sex with another male. The thought of that made me rip the sheets into shreds and my wolf almost lost control.

"Maybe she did this because she's tired of you," Gabrielle, Ella's mother, presumed sitting in a desk chair and crossed her legs.

"What?" I gritted maintaining my cool.

"You haven't been exactly good to my daughter Markus."

"I protect her."

"By destroying her social life, and crushing her heart."

"I do it for her protection, you don't know who wants to hurt her out there and I..."

"You what? You enjoy making my baby girl cry every night since she was eleven because I had to explain to her why the only reason that you won't love her is because you're interested in other women and the only reason you make out with other girls in front of her is because you have some way to control your wolf? Bullshit. She's sixteen and she needs her mate. Damn, I would have liked it better if you started dating when she was fourteen, but you and Carla were so close and seeing my daughter cry at her middle school graduation when she saw you and Carla in the janitor's closet wasn't enough,"

"I did it to protect her,"

"You did it to protect yourself, you're scare to commit, just admit it."

"I'm not!"

"You are!"

"Am not!"

"You're only fooling yourself if you don't think we know the truth. Everyone knows Markus! Dan and I, Ella, The Counsel, Rowan, you're parents and even Carla! You're pathetic and it's sickening. Either you mate with my daughter and apologize for everything you've done to her, or don't come back and Carla can be your mate."

I felt sickened by the truth and looked down at my feet. What I'm doing incomprehensible and I should be hated by all. Ella deserved the best and kissing Carla and controlling her life isn't the way apparently. I did it to protect her, and the things I want to do to that girl isn't safe to even say. When I was thirteen, the thought of Ella made me go crazy so my father thought of a proper solution, date Carla. Not date in a sense, but use her when needed, and boy, she was needed a lot. Soon after a while, she just became something normal to screw and Ella was protected so, I was happy. She didn't seem like she minded, I remember she came up to Carla and I and just stood there scared to death. She stuttered something and left. I didn't know how to react, so I brushed it off. Now I see what Gabrielle, Daniel, and Rowan said to me about Ella's feelings meant and I'm so fucking angry at myself for neglecting my mate. Now she's gone, she's gone, she gone, she's gone.

Alone somewhere, without me. She needs me, I know she does, because I need her.

"Come on," Gabrielle said rubbing my shoulder tenderly. "There's a meeting with the whole pack and your leading it and we wouldn't want you late."

I nodded and got up. She walked in front of me and we made our way downstairs to the living room where Daniel and Carla were, casually talking about something, but when they saw us, greeted us with smiles.