Chapter Thirty-One: Evidence of Love (Rated R)

Unedited and sexual content: viewer discretion is advised.

It took a while, but after several cups coffee and blood, Markus and I sat together without any hostility towards one another. He was relatively calm, but you can see he was still shaking. Maybe it was because I was so close or maybe he was still hungry.

I explained everything, leaving what I thought was acceptable out to save Markus the ache and pain that it would add to his already steep affliction. After, he hung his head low. I waited for him to answer.

"A baby? Our baby?"

"Yes. He was going to kill it and us its powers to protect them from the Darkness as he claims."

He stood up. "That's just great."

"He's dead. Carla's dead. Everyone harmful is dead and now Z has taken over. He's our ally, we're fine."

"But this Darkness? It'll kill us."

"I'm alright with that. As long as I'm by your side the entire time."

He glared and yanked me to my feet off the couch so we were somewhat eye level to each other. He looked angry.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I love you-"

"No! Stop saying that."

"It's true."

"Ella would never say that."

"I would and I am."

"Why is it so different now? What happened?"

"Everything and nothing. Life's too short. It's way to short."

"Something's wrong with you, something terrible has happened."

I chuckled, "Nothing's wrong."

"Stop laughing."

I did and he moved away from me. "I'm going to bed."

"I'll-"

"No. Just let me think in peace," He walked away. "I'll see you in the morning Ella."

"Goodnight Markus." I raised an eyebrow and smirked.

I wasn't letting him off that easy.

~

Around midnight, I slithered out of one of the guest rooms I was current preoccupying and crept noiselessly to the master bedroom. I opened the door and Markus was sleep, arm draped over his face. I smiled.

I tiptoed over to the bed and watched him momentarily before climbing in and straddled his waist inconspicuously. I brushed my hair up into a ponytail and leaned down placing my lips on his. He stirred slightly. I moved down his stubbled jaw to his neck. He really started to wake up.

"Ella?"

"Uh huh." I murmured.

"What are you doing?" He started sitting up.

"Making you happy."

"Why?"

"Because we both need this," I ran a hand through his hair and went back to kissing his lips.

He pulled me down into his hips and started kissing me back. He was fighting himself, I could sense it. I scratched his scalp and murmured several 'I love you's as encouragement. He rolled us over and kissed down my neck.

"What are you wearing?"

I looked down at my bra and underwear and smirked, "Clothes."

"You really want this to happen don't you?"