Chapter Fourteen: The Soothing Sound of His Beating Heart

My head felt like a thousand pounds of steel weighs being crushed underneath pressure. I groaned sitting up and propping against the cold, cemented wall. My vision cleared and I started freaking out when I found myself in a dark cobble stone room, with one dimly lit light bulb swaying in the middle in the room. I stood, regaining my strength and balance, and tried to walk around the room, to find myself chained down to the floor by a thick, dirty, rusty shackle.

"Hello?" I called rubbing the side of my head noticing dry blood caked in my hair and side of my face. "Is anyone out there?"

"Aw. The vixen is awake." The same man who attacked me at the clearing. "I wondered how long it would take."

"Let me go right now!" I demanded.

"Or what?" He asked me walking underneath the light giving his face an eerie glow of his pale skin and elongated fangs. "You'll shift and rip me apart? Then again you can't."

"What the fuck do you want from me?" I barked yanking the chain trying to release myself.

"You? Nothing at all. Markus on the other hand, he's the one we want. He's a very important asset to our cause, but he's very hard to convince that he should be on our side, so you're going to be leverage."

"Leverage?"

"Lets see how long Markus can watch his mate get carved into like a Thanksgiving turkey before changing his perspective."

"Why? Why do you want Markus? What has he done?"

"My father chose him for a reason. He is going to be the weapon to gain power again. No more humans, and if we feel merciful, werewolves can be our slaves."

"You're fucking sick." I growled at him.

He smiled, his tongue darted out to lick his fangs. "I know. Now be a good little half mutt and come with me."

"No." I snarled as he got closer. "Don't touch me."

"Can't promise anything," He replied and shoved his forearm into my throat, causing me to be pinned against the wall. "Wendy."

Another person, a girl about 5'5" with obsidian like hair and bright blue eyes rimmed with red irises, came and unlocked my ankle from my shackle before stepping back into the shadows. Another man stood directly under the swaying light and waited.

"Austin, please assist Ella here to the other room." He commanded and Austin moved from his post under the light over to me.

"Don't." I threatened and moved away from his approaching figure.

"I'll be waiting for you in the next room," He said to Austin. "I want her unharmed."

"I'll kill you," I said to Austin who just snorted and came closer. He grabbed me and I kicked him in his shine, but he wasn't fazed by it. Grabbing me from behind, I fought back by slapping, kicking, and biting. He laughed continuous as he dragged my back from the wall to the middle of the room. Once under the light, he turned me around and slapped me. I flew back from the impact and hit my head hard. Crawling backwards, Austin latched onto my ankle like the shackle and dragged me to his cold chest.

"Stop moving," He growled grabbing my forearms and tried to hold me still. "I'm trying my hardest not to break your ribs but you're making me want to."

"Let me go and you won't have this fucking problem."

"I wish I could kill you. Maybe I should..." My eyes widened at the red haired creature and his equally red eyes. He took the opportunity of silence and flung me over his shoulder. I fought back, but his arm held me by an inhumane grasp and I couldn't breathe. I slapped his back for air.