Chapter 30: There'll be Peace When You Are Done.

Chapter 30: There’ll be Peace When You Are Done.

It’s the end of December, the cold coastal winds sweep across the coast line giving off bone shivering winds. It’s practical Canadian here. Since the accident I got back in touch with my friends, they’ve asked if I wanted to be apart of their band. I’m now the drummer of a band called Blood Lust. I’ve also been posting videos of me drumming to different songs on the social Networking sites. I’m a hit, not because I’m the Rev’s daughter but because I’m a good drummer. I’m still seeing the shrink but I’m getting better.

I haven’t used Diluadid since late October so that’s good. I was sitting my exams before the winter break and when I get back I’ll be sitting the last of them.

Christmas was fun, I went to go see my Grandparents, got me a bunch of new clothes and shit. They said I was growing into my skin every day. I also found out that Christmas is a Pagan holiday. And by celebrating Christmas we’re worshiping Pagan Gods. The two Pagan Gods of the Winter Solstice. And that thousands of years ago kids would come from all around the world to sacrifice themselves for these two Gods. Anyways after that history lesson we went to Brian’s house for dinner which was so much fun. I still couldn’t believe what they had gotten me; they got me a new car. Since the other one is total. And the best part is, they got me the same type of car that I began my adventure here in. A black, 1967 Chevy Impala with black leather seats. I love this car. I love my family more though.

Today we’re going to my dad’s grave, to visit him. I haven’t been there since I saw Rosie. That was late October. But today we’re all going to see him. It’s going to be a long day.

I stood in the kitchen with my meds in my hands. I threw my head back and swallowed them dry. The after taste was horrible but it needs to be done everyday for the rest of my life. Val smiled at me sweetly as she made coffee. The morning was grey with low clouds blanketing the sky heavily. The dreary day seemed to come straight from a horror movie. I sat at the Island all ready for the day. I wore one of my new black graphic tee shirts that read ‘cup cake cult’ on the front of it with a bunch of cupcakes on it.  I wore my black skin tight jeans and my black work boots. I’ve also gotten a job working at the Body Shop. I lift heavy boxes and stuff so I wear steel toed boots just in case I pull a me and drop something on my foot. It’s a good paying job too. I work weekends and during the week only for the holidays though. I straightened my hair this morning so it was nearly stick thin but I added volume to my hair and style. I did my make up as well. Val said my china doll like face was the definition of perfection. I had to wear my glasses today, I hated wearing my glasses, and it was annoying as hell.

I watched as Matt came into the kitchen with the mail in his hands. I couldn’t help but get excited. Today might be the day that I get that letter from the college. Two weeks ago I went for an interview and they wanted to see what I can do on the drums. I couldn’t tell if they were pleased or bored. It was really discouraging. Matt smiled at me with pride. He held out six white envelopes between his middle and index finger. The top one made my heart stop; I saw my name on it, the stamp at the top said M.I.C. Val smiled at me widely as they both waited for me to open the letter. My stomach turned as I grabbed all six letters. Why was there six letters? All of them were addressed to me from around the country, one was even from Toronto.

I inhaled deeply then let it go as I tore open the M.I.C letter. This is it, something I’ve been waiting for all year. I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. I was at the edge of the world with this. I’ve wanted to go to this college since I was eight. Here goes everything.

Dear Ms Sullivan,

We were very impressed with your grades and your outstanding performance. Your grades show you’re a smart young lady who is very keen to learn while your performance show how much passion and motivation you have behind your musical interests. You’re a very talented young lady and we’d like to welcome you to M.I.C this September to be one of our students. The term starts September 8, 2013. Your books will be arriving at your home mid August. Can’t wait to see you there.