Chapter 17: 'Cause Baby you're a Firework.

Chapter 17: ‘Cause Baby you’re a Firework.

The day has been exhausting, we went four wheeling and we went tubing and down to the beach. It was just way to much fun. It’s all fun and games today. We were just one big family.

The sun’s rays were setting and the heat was dying down. I felt like a baked potato after spending pretty much all day in the sun. I was a whole lot darker now.

 We took Matt’s big ass truck to the large field with a huge amount of people. Jimmy, Lacy, Zacky, Gena, Johnny and I rode in the back while Brian, Michelle, Val and Matt rode in the cab. The ride was amazing, it was fun. Poor Johnny kept getting picked on by dad and Zacky. I didn’t see why. So what he’s short.

But there is something on my mind that just reoccurred in my life. It’s something that I’m really passionate about, almost as much as my drumming. But as a child I was signed to do some modeling and when I turned nine I stopped and I really liked it because I was actually really good at it and I just enjoy getting dressed up and looking fancy for the camera and I’m good at it. I’m something called a natural beauty. With my mom’s Latin side I have the body frame and with my dad’s looks I just look beautiful. I smiled and looked at Jimmy.

“Hey dad, what do you think about me going into modeling?” I asked softly. He looked down at me through his sunglasses and shrugged in a loose way.

“I guess you could, the Latin side of your family is very beautiful.” He replied with an unsure tone. I smiled and felt like I was finally able to do something from my past that’s me and only me, not my dad. I’ve got my music which is my dad and my modeling it me. Peasnie.

“Beautiful? Latin women are sexy as young adults.” Lacy said happily. Thanks Lacy, now he’ll never allow me out of the house, ever. Even when he’s dead; he’ll haunt me. I smiled and laughed happily trying to brush her comment off.

“I totally think you should go into modeling.” Gena added her two cents into the pot. I smiled and nodded.

“She defiantly has the curves and body frame for modeling.” Lacy commented. Jimmy sank into himself slightly and groaned.

“My fourteen year old daughter is not allowed curves and the body frame.” Jimmy put in his input. I rolled my eyes and groaned with a cheeky smirk.

“Hey when you’re thirty one I’ll be turning eighteen.” I said and held up four fingers and mouthed ‘four years’. I practically teased him by the fact that in four years I’m going to be eighteen and he’ll only be thirty one.  

We all started to jump out when the truck came to stop. We picked a nice spot on top of a little hill. There were still families around us with kids playing with sparklers and summer toys. I sat on the grass and remained antisocial. Jimmy glanced from me to the group of young teens playing soccer in an open area. I rolled my eyes and got up and began to walk over to the little game. I had changed from my dirty clothes that I wore today to something nicer, a pair of black shorts and a white spaghetti strap shirt with my green and white stripped bathing suit underneath. I wore my orange flip flops as well. I walked quietly and smiled shyly.

“Hey can I play?” I asked with a stubborn voice. A natural blonde girl came up to me with a country girl smile and nodded. Her honey blonde hair was put into braided pig tails, a red and white blouse with a pair of jean shorts. Her brown eyes were friendly and welcoming.

“I’m Courtney.” She introduced with a Canadian accent. Her arm extended out. I smiled back at her.

“I’m Peasnie.” I replied and shook her hand happily. She smiled and pulled my arm.

“You’re on my team.” She called at me and kicked the white ball towards me. I smiled widely as I felt insanely wild and free. Even just playing soccer with these kids I felt like there was nothing that could touch me. It honestly didn’t matter who scored points, it was just about playing the game. I don’t think I’ve laughed this hard before.

Courtney introduced me to a few other kids that she hangs out with here. There’s Zeak, he’s not even from America or Canada. He’s from Argentina well actually he is from California but he moved there two years ago. He speaks English but his accent is very thick. He’s tall with chestnut brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, he’s only fourteen. Then there is Gary, the seventeen year old from Edmonton. He was really tall, a little bit taller than me and I’m fairly tall for my age. He has brown eyes and dusty blonde hair. Then there is Jude who is fifteen, the boy who is from Calgary, his black hair was shaggy and his eyes were green. Eve is the only girl from Halifax and the only sixteen year old. Her brown hair was long; her blue eyes were wide with life.  Courtney is from Alberta and she is fourteen as well.

I liked being with these kids, I got most of their cell phone numbers so we didn’t lose touch. We wandered around after the soccer game.

“So Peasnie, where are you from?” Eve asked softly. Her voice was soft and gentle. I smiled and rubbed the back of my head as we watched the band playing on the stage. The music playing loudly. I got a few expressions from them.

“I’m from California.” I said with a hesitant voice. All of their eyes widened with surprise.

“No way.” Courtney said with a shocked smile. Jude and Gary laughed and pushed each other around while Eve nodded with an accepting expression.

“Yeah, I’m from Huntington Beach, California.” I replied happily. Zeak laughed and patted my back.

“That’s near where I live.” He said with his thick accent. I smiled and nodded.

“Where do you live?” I asked clearly. He thought for a moment and smiled.

“I live, Burbank, California.” He replied with a cheerful tone. I smiled widely and hugged him tightly. The language barrier between us made it hard to understand but he was trying, just because he didn’t speak English very well doesn’t mean he can’t understand it. He understands very well what we’re saying. It’s his accent that throws us off.

Night fell onto us as we wandered around the field happily joking around. I jumped as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see my dad was calling me. I pressed accept and lifted it to my ear.

“Hey dad.” I said happily. The guys looked at me as I stopped walking around so I could hear what he had to say.

“Hey kiddo, mind coming back to the truck?” He asked. I nodded even though I knew he wouldn’t see me. I guess it’s just a natural thing.

“Yeah, I’ll be there; give me ten minutes.” I replied softly. We said Good-Bye and hung up. I looked at my new friends and frowned.

“I’ve got to go; my dad’s waiting for me.” I instructed. They nodded and watched as I jogged on back to Matt’s truck. I didn’t like being alone or walking alone but I’ve gotten used to it. So instead of walking my usual pace I jogged quickly through the large amount of people. My heart raced as I ran through the night. I smiled and approached the truck happily. There stood my family, the small family gathered around the truck happily and waited for me. Jimmy hugged me tightly and kissed the top of my head.

“Did you have fun?” He asked. I nodded and tried to catch my breath again.

“I met a few new people; one of them is from Burbank.” I said happily. They all cheered my on about it. We sat on the grass and waited for the night to darken for the fire works that lit up the sky with different shapes, sizes and colours. I loved the way they filled the air with sounds and colours. I love fireworks; we get firecrackers in Chicago but never fireworks. I smiled and looked the night sky for the stars. My gaze ran to the biggest, brightest star. My heart fluttered when I looked beside it to see a little star that is barely noticeable. It made my smile widen. The little star found her home. It may not be perfect or what she thought it’d be but it’s a family and that’s exactly what she wanted. She was finally home.

My smile radiated up at Jimmy as I rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and smiled happily. I was finally home with a family that I can call my own