Chapter 22: I'm Awake; I'm Alive in My Time of Dying.

• Dedicated to Jimmy 'the Rev' Sullivan

Chapter 22: I’m Awake; I’m Alive in My Time of Dying.

It’s been three days since Christmas. Three long days. Connor came down with the flu so he stayed home. I haven’t left the house in three days. But today Ashley’s cousin is having a party and Ashley wants me to come with Lucas. I still have to ask my dad. I’m going to be home a few hours after curfew so I’m not sure if he’ll let me go. So I’m going to ask him just before I go so that he’ll have no choice but to let me go.

He was down stairs playing the piano with Matt. They were hoping to realise their album by next year. I’m sure they’ll manage it, they’re talented enough too. I could hear the music from the kitchen, lyrics were faint but I could hear them as well. On Christmas dad wrote a song and he doesn’t know that I’ve read the lyrics. The lyrics he wrote only made the pit in my stomach worsen. All the stress that’s been put on me has caused head aches and nose bleeds. I even have these episodes with my heart where I lose control of my body and my head falls back while my eyes got blurry. I can feel my heart stop in my hands and it’s hard to catch my breath. I won’t be able to see straight for at least ten minutes. I haven’t told Jimmy this because I don’t want him to worry about me. I’m fine. But I’m worried he’s not. He got a refill on our meds today so both of us have something like fifty heart meds now. I forgot to take mine yesterday and that made me sick, I stayed in bed all day. But this morning when I woke up I remembered to take it.

But this morning he wanted to make a pie with me so the entire morning we spent making an apple pie. It was nice, I know most of the time it’s just me and him but I liked to do things like this with him. Great bonding moments here.

I skipped down the steps in a pair of red skinny jeans and a Gun’n’Roses top. My shoes were already tied up tightly. I even had my jacket on already. My hair was tied up into a pony tail. I only wore mascara and eye liner on my face. I even wore some of the new perfume I got from Val for Christmas.

I smiled when I saw him sitting behind the piano, playing with a smile on his face. Matt was sitting in the lounge chair with a note pad in his lap. Jimmy looked up and smiled at me.

“What’s up kiddo?” He asked with a cheerful voice. I grinned a girly smile and twirled slightly in my place.

“Can I go to Ashley’s cousin’s party today?” I asked up front. Jimmy’s smile turned into a serious expression. Matt looked awkwardly from Jimmy to me a few times. Matt and I came to the settle agreement that to prove I was Jimmy’s we’d get a DNA test. The results are coming in within the next few days. I’m excited to prove to him I am who I say I am. Matt sank into his seat as Jimmy pondered weather or not this was a good idea. I batted my eye lashes at him with a small pout. He grumbled and rolled his eyes.

“What time will you be home?” He asked with a gruff voice. I thought for a moment trying to give him a rough estimate on the time I’ll stagger in at. I sighed heavily.

“Two-ish.” I replied sullenly. He raised his eye brows at me with an unimpressed expression. He groaned at me and shrugged his shoulders.

“Fine, but I’m not waiting up for you; so bring your key.” He said with approval. I squeaked happily and hopped over to his, wrapping my arms around his neck loosely. I smiled widely and silently prayed that this party is just what I need to shake this feeling.

“Thanks dad. See you later.” I squeaked sweetly and kissed his cheek. He smiled and shook his head.

“Have fun.” He said.

I skipped back up the stairs before I could get all the way back up the steps I heard him call for me again.

“And be safe!” I laughed as I went up the last few stairs.