Come's with a Price.

I'm going to start this chapter with a HUGE 'I'm sorry' because I truely am. I've been crazy busy and frankly I hate it cause half of it has been me sitting in a freaking ass CAR!!

1 week later..

I sat at the table thinking. Is it possible to kill you own mate?

To wolves a mate is a short term for 'soulmate.' (A/N: I know that you all know that but I had to put it in)

I decided to talk to my dad about it. I walked down the hall but I stopped in my tracks when I smelled the scent of pine and rain with a hint of cut grass. It was Axe. When I passed him in the hall he stopped and glare, he didn't say anything thank god. I got to my dad's office door and knocked lightly.

“Come in.” I heard a hushed voice probably from the fact that the door was shut. I opened it slowly and peaked in. “Odelette! Come in, come in, my dear. “ He stood quickly and walked over to me; he placed a light kiss on my forehead.

“Hi dad.”

“What can do I for you? Any problems?” Dad has been very over-protective since I returned homed.

“I wanted to ask a question.” I started up in to his familiar eyes.

“Of course. Sit down.” He walked back over to his desk and quickly put the papers away that he must have been working on, which in made me curious; but I didn't ask. “I wanted to know if its possible to kill you're mate?” I asked sitting down. Dad shifted in his seat.

“Can I ask what brought on this question?” He stiffly asked?

“Curiosity.” I asked unevenly.

“Well, I've only heard of one story that a mate had killed their mate.” He relaxed and leaned back in his chair. “Can you tell me this story?”

“Well have to promise that you won't tell you're mother that I told you this.” He said. “I promise.”

“About 50 years ago, their was a couple. Anna and Travis. Anna was from the Winters Pack, and Tavis from the Red Falls Pack. The both met on a run, naturally. When they found out that they were mates they planned their lifes together. After a month of them planning there life. Each Alpha of the packs asked them to kill one of another. That night they went to each other to tell the other what their Alpha's asked them to do."  He paused for a moment. 

"Wait, if they we're mates why would the Alpha's asked them to do that?" I asked.

"At the time the Red Falls pack was a Rouge pack and rival's with the Winters Pack, the night that they told each other they planned on running away together the next day. But when Anna went to meet Travis he was there ready to kill her." That last part took my breath away, I felt as if someone had thrown me infront of a bus. 

"Did he kill her?"  I asked already knowing the answer. 

Dad slowly moved his head up and down saying yes. "But why? If they planned on having a life together-" Dad cut me of. "In the Red Falls pack back then they grew up learning family comes first. No matter what. So when Travis said no to killing Anna. His Alpha treated his twin brother Daniel then he started filling Travis's head with lies that Anna was going behind his back with Daniel and everything else. So that night he went to meet her. And well you know what happens after that." He finished. 

"But that doesn't answer my question." I huffed. 

"You didn't let me finish..." he told me with a smirk. "After he killed her his wolf was so angry that his wolf killed him." He finally finished. 

"So it's not possible?" I whispered. 

"Its possible; but it comes with a price. Take a life, yours is taken as well. " 

"Thanks dad." I stood up quickly and ran out of the room all the way out to the back of the house into the woods I stopped when I knew I far enough from the house. 

I leaned against a tree and let out a loud huff.

 "I am screwed."