Chapter 6: The True Meaning of Love

Fairy Tail: You're Natsu of Fairy Tail (A NaLu Fan Fiction) by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2018

.

.

.

When the next day arrived, Wendy checked Lucy's injuries one more time and they found her completely restored to full health.

With renewed vigor, the group packed up the things they needed and by the late morning were ready to set off. They were sent off by the rest of the guild members, and Warren gave Erza one of his communication cards. Makarov had arranged for them to take a ship to Victoria, and once again had instructed for them to not engage until the situation was assessed.

With that, the group was off, and Wendy did her duty to use her magic for Natsu and Gajeel before they got on the boat. While Erza rented the boat at the harbor, Gray and Lucy got food for the others, while Gajeel and Lily explored the ship.

As Gray and Lucy shopped for food to get them through the one day of sailing, Lucy noticed that she hadn't been experiencing any of the pain from her illness. It surprised her when she remembered, and when she realized, she had mixed emotions. Lucy was happy the medicine Anna gave her was working, but she knew it was only subduing her symptoms and keeping the pain away. The idea of that horrible damage still continuing inside of her silently was somehow more scary to her than if she was experiencing the pain.

She'd have to be careful with using her magic.

Loke had spoken to her mentally as she and Gray had been shopping. He'd told her they hadn't made much headway yet, which didn't make her feel much better. But the blonde told him the progress they had made about Ilene and the mysterious crystal they had put a name to. This had interested Loke, and he'd taken that information back with him to the Celestial Spirit Realm.

However, he left behind an endless pit in Lucy's stomach.

Lucy and the others were lucky to have nice weather on their day of sailing. The sun slowly fell throughout the day without any incidents on the sea, and Lucy actually enjoyed the time they sailed because of that. The weather was nice, the fresh air good for Lucy's lungs, and the rhythmic sound of the water against the hull of the ship was soothing. It only got better as the sun disappeared over the horizon and the night sky took over the area above their heads. It was as if Lucy was looking up at an entirely different world; the sea always was a place for a beautiful night sky. Lucy could see the Milky Way within the billions of stars, and because of the bright moon accompanying the collection of stars, it was easy to see her surroundings.

With the course set, the group decided to take turns keeping the ship on course throughout the night and Lucy was the first one to take the job. She used a wooden board to keep the wheel in place after a time of standing at the wheel because she wanted to go to the front of the ship to look at the stars more closely. Lucy's feet moved eagerly to the bow of the ship and she placed her hands on the railing, looking up at the display before her. The ocean reflected the night sky like a mirror since the waters were mostly calm as they sailed. Lucy could hear the movement underneath her as her comrades settled in for the night, and a feeling of awareness at being alone hit her. However it wasn't loneliness—more like her mind finally cleared.

Though it led her to begin to think about her situation.

As she spotted the constellations of Sagittarius and Scorpius, Lucy knew that she wouldn't see Aquarius' constellation. Her constellation appeared during the fall, not the summer.