Chapter 12: Natsu vs Ilene; A Guiltless Sacrifice.

Fairy Tail: You're Natsu of Fairy Tail (A NaLu Fan Fiction) by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2018

.

.

.

Ilene and Natsu stared one another down, the flames around Natsu's fists growing and engulfing his arms. The blades of Ilene's swords glinted in the firelight of the setting sun, the rays bright against the ocean behind them.

"Natsu."

The pinkette stopped, turning to look behind him at the sound of Lucy's voice.

She was walking towards him, his scarf in his hands. She held it out to him, her expression soft as she blushed with bright eyes. "Here."

Natsu smirked. "Thanks, Luce."

The blonde took some steps back as he wrapped it back around his neck. The dragon slayer gripped it with one hand, Lucy's scent all over it and giving him even more determination to fight Ilene.

"Let's go, Happy!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Aye sir!"

As quick as the winds of a hurricane, Happy snatched Natsu into his grasp and they took off, low to the ground and heading right for Ilene.

"Come, my fire dragon!" Ilene taunted, raising her blades in preparation.

Natsu let a loud battle cry escape his throat as he lunged forward, swinging his fist forward and aiming for Ilene's face. However, she ducked, quickly taking off with her enhanced speed. Natsu choked slightly in surprise before the collector reappeared again next to him, swinging her blade downward.

"Happy!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Aye!"

The exceed stopped flying, his wings going slack so that Natsu's hand touched the ground below them. Pushing off the ground, Natsu thrust himself to the side and escaped the sharp arc of Ilene's blades. Happy took over again, and Natsu flew back at the same time his mouth filled with flames.

"Roar of the Fire Dragon!"

A chsk sounded behind Ilene's clenched teeth in surprise, her expression strained as she quickly dodged to the side to avoid the blow. When her feet landed on the ground, she didn't waste time pushing off the stone and lunging for the dragon slayer, her speed even faster than before.

"Happy, move!"

Regrettably, Happy let Natsu go, jumping into the air to give Natsu more movability. The pinkette ducked just as Ilene's blade swept the air above him, cutting a few strands of pink hair from the top of his head. Sweat had persperated on Natsu's forehead, and it dripped off him as he stepped back farther and farther, avoiding Ilene's jabs and swings by swinging his body to the left and right. When he was backed against the wall, he ducked just in time, one of Ilene's blades getting suck in the wall. Natsu used this chance to kick her back and away, dropping to his haunches and letting his heel sink into the area of the collector's stomach.

She let out a small gasp, but choked it back, back-stepping away from the fire dragon slayer and regaining her footing.

"Your speed is a pain!" Natsu growled under his breath.

Meanwhile, nearby, Carla had informed the others of Wendy and Gajeel's plot. Erza and Gray stepped out of the way as the two dragon slayers went back-to-back, their mouths filling with either air or iron.

"Roar of the Sky Dragon!"

"Roar of the Iron Dragon!"

Together, they maneuvered their attacks so that they spun together, leaving no room for the puppets to go. As their attacks collided with each of Ilene's puppets, they disappeared, revealing their crystals that shattered only a moment later.