Chapter 8: A Broken Promise

Fairy Tail: You're Natsu of Fairy Tail (A NaLu Fan Fiction) by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2018

.

.

.

She was floating in the middle of nothingness.

It was cold.

"Hello?" Lucy spoke out, confused.

No one answered.

Where was she?

A sudden gust of freezing air blasted her form, and she shielded her face with her crossed arms until it passed. When it did, she looked forward, wondering where the gust of wind had come from.

Instead she was met with Natsu's back.

He was facing away from her, but he was there.

Relief filled Lucy. "Natsu! You're here!"

He didn't move.

Concern hit her. "N-Natsu?"

She floated towards him slowly, worried. Reaching for him, her eyes widened to see that her grasp did not reach him; instead, it just went right through him.

"W-What the?" she murmured aloud.

"Ya know, Lucy..."

The blonde froze. Natsu had spoken.

He continued, still not turning to face her. "...You really aren't that strong."

Guilt hit her like a slap to the face. "Natsu...I..."

"You really don't deserve to be by my side after all."

Her heart seemed to break. What was he saying?

"It's a good thing I'm leaving," Natsu said, his voice not sounding anything like him.

It was broken and empty.

Fear filled the celestial mage, and she tried to reach for him again, but it was no use; her hands still went right through the fire dragon slayer.

"You can't leave!" Lucy exclaimed, beginning to cry. "Natsu, please!"

He finally slowly turned his face to her, revealing half of his expression.

Lucy's blood ran cold.

His eyes were bright red.

"Miss Lucy?"

Slowly, Lucy's brown eyes opened, and her gaze landed on a darkening sky through the leaves of surrounding trees.

Lucy's eyes widened, and she sat straight up. "Natsu!"

The blonde flinched, however, when she felt the pain of the burns on her body along with the deep bruises in her muscles.

Wendy placed her hands on Lucy's shoulders. "Don't move too much yet! I-I'm still healing your wounds!"