Chapter 1: A New Feeling

Fairy Tail: You're Natsu of Fairy Tail (A NaLu Fan Fiction) by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2018

.

.

.

It was a bright day within Fiore, the cloudless sky an iridescent blue. The air was cool, a breeze rustling through the trees scattered across a town that was on the outskirts of the country. Chelsea was vibrant with life and business; along the streets of the stone buildings were vendors selling magical objects, street food, clothing, and other interesting goods. Along the river that ran through the town were fishermen and young children who watched those men, awe in their eyes when someone pulled up something on the line. Chatter filled the air throughout Chelsea with excitement and intrigue, setting the scene of the town as being one of peace and happiness.

However, in the middle of the town was a voice that disturbed that peace.

"You're not going anywhere now!"

Some villagers were watching the strange sight of a particularly excited person tie up two men. There was a flash of blonde hair, blue clothes, a set of celestial keys, and a pair of bright brown eyes as the female worked on tying up the two unconscious men.

The blonde was revealed to be Lucy, who grinned brightly.

Putting her hands on her hips and stepping back to survey her work, satisfaction filled her at her accomplishment.

A blue cat floated down next to her, his wings outstretched and his face excited. "Way to go, Lu-shee!"

The celestial mage's grin only widened. "Thanks for your help, Happy!"

They high-fived.

Knocked out cold, Lucy and Happy had taken down their side of the plan. These two men had been a part of a mass crime of stealing from the stores along the streets of Chelsea. The job had been on the board within the guild and overall it had seemed like easy pickings.

Lucy turned her head to the small audience they had behind them, seeing the wide eyes of the villagers.

A blush crept up her face. "A-Ah, Happy...maybe we should hurry up and get these guys outta here...we're kind of making a scene—"

"Oi! Did you finish yet? I'm starvin!"

The pair of them looked up, and blocking the sun with her hand, the celestial mage saw the outline of a tall body consisting of a flash of pink hair, a white scarf, a man slung over his shoulder, and a famously wicked smirk.

Lucy smiled.

"Nat-zu!" Happy exclaimed, the blue exceed's voice happy. "You're back!"

As Natsu dropped down to the ground in front of them, he laughed, giving them another confident smile.

Lucy's expression softened. "Looks like you caught the leader okay."

"Piece of cake," the dragon slayer replied, dropping the man next to his two accomplices.

"Let's take them back to the mayor then!" she exclaimed excitedly, the beginning sunset shining a vibrant orange-red against her form. "I'm hungry too!"

"Fish!" Happy cheered, stars in his eyes.

It had been two years since the war against Zeref.

Lucy had published her second book, a romance novel. All of the cities affected during the war had lost all trace of the devastation scarred upon it. The world finally seemed to show no sign of the long struggle they'd once faced. In fact, Fairy Tail's reputation had been the best it had ever been; they were regarded as heroes to the town, and Lucy was so shy to even think of herself as such. And she really didn't; the others had done so much more than her and she didn't care about titles, anyway.