Chapter 10: A Guilt Soul Deep

Fairy Tail: You're Natsu of Fairy Tail (A NaLu Fan Fiction) by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2018

.

.

.

"We're here."

Lucy held her breath, letting her eyes roam upon Ilene's hideout.

They'd made it.

Ilene's hideout was a large fortress up against one of the mountains on the island, the hideout made of stone and slightly resembling a castle. There were three towers built within the structure, the tallest one in the middle. Around the fortress was an iron fence, some areas grown over with vines, but people Lucy recognized as Ilene's followers patrolled around it. There were some men on the towers also, their gaze stretching far.

It'd taken from the morning until now—the afternoon—to get across Victoria. But they'd done it.

"We need to come up with a plan first," Gray proposed, letting the leaves fall back into their regular position as he sat back. "It won't be easy getting in there."

"I can get up to the towers no problem," Wendy proposed, her expression determined. "They can see us right away, so if I dispatch them first, no one can run to Ilene and alert her of our arrival."

"Good idea, Wendy!" Happy exclaimed.

Erza nodded, agreeing. "Alright Wendy, I'll leave the towers to you. You'll be the first one to attack, understood? Come back here once you take care of them."

"But what if they see her in the sky?" Lily asked.

"They are going to be too focused on the distraction," Erza explained, smiling. "As Wendy is going after the people in the towers, Gray and I will go after the guards down at the gate. Gajeel, Lucy? That leaves you to go inside."

"Without you all?" Lucy asked, hesitant.

"We'll be fine," Erza reassured. "They aren't even mages."

"Yes, okay!"

Erza kept going. "Once we get through, Lucy and Gajeel are to storm ahead and go inside. Gajeel, I'm leaving it up to you to take care of Lucy and letting her go ahead if necessary."

"Roger that."

Lucy wanted to stay and fight, but this was her compromise with her friends after they found out she was sick—it was also for the best, considering using her magic made her health worse. And if she went ahead, then possibly she could get to Natsu faster.

"Once we are all done with our respective areas, we will also storm in and take down anyone who stands in our way," Erza finished, her eyes lighting up with the anticipation of battle. "Let's get started."

"Right!" everyone exclaimed in a fierce whisper.

Wendy and Carla had moved further around the fortress through the forest trees. When they got into position underneath the first tower, Carla grabbed ahold of Wendy's back, the white cat's wings sprouting to life. With a nod to one another in the silence, the exceed launched them into the air. Quickly the pair raced up the side of the stone tower, slowing down right before they reached the floor of the tower's balcony. Peeking over the ledge, they saw the feet of five of Ilene's followers. Carla let Wendy jump onto the premises, and with the blue-haired girl's determination to keep things quiet, Wendy lightly stepped around the side until the shadow of the first guard appeared.