We Have to Stumble

Life is wonderful.

How many times have you said that today? One time, maybe two, or none at all? If you said none well than that’s sad.

Don’t you realize how wonderful life is? You can do anything you want, so what don’t you? You can be happy and run around in a daisy field and sing happy go-lucky songs.

But I hate the sun so that’s something that I won’t be doing, but I’m still happy with the life I am living.

But what’s not to be happy about?

I graduate high school tomorrow. I’m starting a band with Angelo and two other friends. I got a job at a record store. And I finally have the girl of my dreams, no pun intended.

What’s not to love about life?

It just feels so great knowing that after tomorrow, so many things are going to change, for the best or for the worst, it doesn’t matter because it’s going to be okay.

At first I wasn’t so big on change but it doesn’t bother me as much as it used to. Sometimes I would be scared of something happening because I know that the life I lived was going to change.

I’ve obviously gotten over that fear. I don’t know man; I just woke up in a good mood. It took me to realize how happy I was about these changes but I’m glad they’re happening.

It is true when people say that things get better. If I only knew that when I was younger I couldn’t have been a stressed out train wreck. But I’ve learn at letting things be.

You can’t change it. But you can change how you deal and how you feel about it.

And I also learn to not regret anything. I don’t regret the mistakes I’ve made in the past because without them who would I be today?

Without mistakes how could we ever grow up to become better people?

We don’t because shouldn’t regret those mistakes that transform us to the people that we are today. Just thinking back it makes me smile to know that tough times are over and I came out stronger.

Yes, it’s stupid to believe that I will never get hurt ever again but I’m not worrying about that because I know it won’t happen in some time. I’m just being happy ole Chris.

But onto a more important subject that I have been dying to talk about:

Victoria’s my girlfriend.

I never get tired of saying that.

Victoria’s my girlfriend. Victoria’s my girlfriend. Victoria’s my girlfriend. Victoria’s my girlfriend. Victoria’s my girlfriend. Victoria’s my girlfriend.

It just rolls off the tongue.

After prom a week ago, we hung out more than usual and we even told our parents and they were happy for us. Most of them were saying that it was about time.

But hey, let me do what I do, how I know how to do it.

I still haven’t told Victoria that I love her but I’m still working on it, I promise.

Can you blame me? We’ve only been a couple for a week, I’m not just going to say ‘I love you’ within the first few seconds that our relationship start.

This isn’t one of those poorly done stories where the couple confesses their ‘undying love’ the instant that they agree to go out on a date.

Have you ever read one of those stories? If not than that's fantastic!