A Few Days To Go

*One Year Later*

Time, it goes by so fast. It goes by like a gust of wind, well at times it does.

'When you want it, it goes away too fast. Times you hate it, always seem to last.'

Lyrics from Marilyn Manson's song The Speed of Pain couldn't have put it in better words. I will agree with him as the song goes. This whole year seemed to have gone by way too fast.

It seems like just yesterday Ange, Tori and I started our senior year of high school. But at the end it will always be worth it. So many things have changed, and so many things have changed.

Since last October on my 18th birthday I finally got my first tattoo and my first lip ring. I even started stretching my ears, hurts but it fucking worth it. Nothing could bring me down from this cloud that I'm on.

Everything is great, at least it wasn't but it worked itself out. Prime example will have to be Ms. Walton. She's the English senior teacher. She's your average ole stick-in-the-ass teacher that had it out for me the first semester.

Well maybe it was because Ange and I were in that class together so I barely listened to anything she said. But she finally came around to accepting be. What can I say? It's just my charm...and the help of Victoria putting in a good word for me.

Tori took Ms. Walton but for a different period. We still took most of our classes together. It was just English and Science that we took differently; so four out of six classes wasn't so bad.

We all still took 6th period together, just like last year but it wasn't study hall. It was Economics with Mr. Bryce but he was barely there so it was kind of just like study hall.

The seniors didn't have that much time left before we were out and done hell, I mean school... It's technically our last week; more like three more days. This Friday was our Prom Night.

We are all going. Ange and Tori finally 'convinced' me to go. I was going either way but whatever. Plus I knew that Ange was going to go with Kelly so it would be so totally wrong for me to leave Tori all alone...

I fell in love with Victoria.

I know I did. I can feel it because it shakes me to the core. It's so deep and passionate that it burns right through me. Everything about her; or just the thought of her makes me feel so alive.

I can feel my cheeks burn up with fire, my heart rate increases an excessive amount, that it's to the point that I think I might have a heart attack. Yes, I might so overreacting a bit but it just feels that way.

I, at first, just thought it was a crush. Falling in love with your best friend is just so cliché right? Yes it is, yet it happened. I have to tell her how I feel. I will because I came up with a bullet proof plan to tell her how much I love her.

I know that she feels the same way, actually I don't know for sure but I read all the signs. They all lead back to the same conclusion. She feels the same way about me, she has too. I don't see her treating Angelo how she treats me, maybe it's because he's with Kelly but still. Oh god I hope I'm not wrong...

And yes you read it right. Ange and Kelly are a 'thing' now. But things still haven't changed despite the fact that they are together; our Friday movie nights still consistent of three, and four when Kelly isn't busy.

We're all still close, but that is likely to change when I tell Tori how I feel about how I feel about her. Okay, yea I need to stop doubting myself because it's only making me even more nervous then I should be...

"Well seniors, I know that this is you last week of high school. This Friday, most of you will be getting dressed up for you prom night. And next Friday, you will be preparing to put on your cap and gown. I have the pleasure to have met most of you," Ms. Walton said as she was handing back our last assignment we did over a week ago.

We had to do a four page 'story' about our time in high school. I actually tired to do it on my own. And according to the 95 A on the front page, I did a pretty damn good job. I'd say that I did a grand job. But there was something that caught my eye. There was a small yellow sticky note on the front page just below the 95 that was in red ink.

'Mr. Cerulli please see me after class- Ms. Walton'

I was confused on why she wanted to see me.

"Seniors," Ms Walton continued with her speech, "I enjoyed our time together. I hope to hear good things about you in the future. Good luck and always remember to better yourselves."

And just as she finished the bell rang signaling all the students to gather their things and head off to go to 6th period.

"Hey, I'll meet up with you guys up later," I told Ange as we stood up from the desks.

Ange gave me a confused look on what I said and I showed him the note that Ms. Walton had gave me.

"Good luck," he whispered to me as he left the class room. She was sitting down at her desk, looking through some papers. I stood there in the now empty class room.

"Mr. Cerulli," she said looking up to me.

"Yes?"

"I have to say that was very I am impressed by your paper. You worded it very carefully and precisely and what you wrote about your junior and senior year was by far one of the most fantastic things I read from one of my students What you wrote about Miss. Victoria Stone was truly beautiful."

Aww, yea I did great job. I blushed a little.

"Thanks, it means a lot. But can you just keep that between me and you? Tori doesn't know about what I wrote."

"Of course, it's between me and you," she smiled.

"Mr. Cerulli, I am honored to say that you were one of my students. It's been a wonder having you here. I know that you will do great things in the world and change many lives."

"Thank you," I said again, feeling my cheeks heat up. The warning bell rang.

"You're welcome. Sorry to keep you here so late, do you want me to write you a pass?"

"Nah I'm okay. Mr. Bryce is probably not there," I was beginning to walk out the door. "Thanks again Ms. Walton. See ya late."

"Goodbye Chris." 

I turned on my heels and headed out as the late bell rang but I didn't care. I walked down the empty wall way and smiled. 

I was going to change the world. I know I was going to change people's minds and their lives, it was my future...