My Fears Set Aside

We drove to Sheetz while we were talking about some of our favorite bands.

Some of those bands that we had in common included; Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, The Misfits, The Smiths, Morrissey, Bleeding Through and some more.

Angelo pulled into the parking lot and parked the car in a vacant spot. We got out of the car and walked into Sheetz.

Angelo and I walked to our usual booth by the window, with Tori following us. A waitress came as we were getting settled to take our drink orders.

Angelo and Tori both ordered Dr.Pepper while I ordered a vanilla coke.

Ange and I were explaining all the food that Angelo and I love from Sheetz. After a while we all decided on cheese pizza, because it’s pizza, my first love.

The waitress took our order and I became a bit curious about Victoria.

“So where did you guys move here from?” I asked.

“Chicago, but Chelsea’s from here,” she answered with a smile.

“You call your mom by her first name?” Angelo asked.

“Step-mom, my actual mom died when I was six from a drug over-does. My dad met Chelsea at his job when I was nine and they’ve been happily married ever since.”

It took me back a little when I heard Victoria speak of her mom. Its things like that that annoyed me, drugs and alcohol destroys and ruin families.

That’s why I would rather stay away from those things; I just think it’s pointless to risk your health for something that’s not worth it.

“Sorry to hear about your mom,” I said, sounding sympatric.

“It’s okay; I don’t let those types of things get to me,” she looked me deeply in the eyes.

“So...you’re going to be going to our school?” Angelo said. I knew he felt a bit uncomfortable so he came up with a topic to get off of what we were talking about beforehand.

“Yea, Chelsea came here yesterday, while my dad and I were on our way over here, to register me into the school, but they got all my classes wrong.”

Ange and I looked at each other and laughed.

“Oh Ms.Graham, the lady in charge of putting all the kids in their appropriate classes always messes up.

She isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed,” Ange said, while he was still kind of laughing, which made me laugh even harder as a memory popped into my head.

“In the beginning of this school year, she put Angelo in all freshman classes.”

At that point I couldn’t contain my laughter. Oh Ms.Graham was so slow for someone that has that much responsibility.

“Yea she did do that, she also called Chris a girl that day he wore eyeliner.” I stared at him with a straight face as he reminded me of that day.

But that didn’t last long with Angelo’s laughter, a few seconds later Victoria joined us at laughing at Ms.Graham’s mistakes.

“What fuck up did she do this time,” Ange asked, once some of the laughter died down.

“I was supposed to be in all A.P. classes, but I’m not. It’s okay though, I really don’t care,” she said.

A.P. classes?

Damn, she must be smart, not saying she’s stupid but damn, all A.P. classes?

“Well you know what that means… you might have classes with Chris or myself,” Ange said as he swung his arm around my neck.

“You guys are funny.”

“Hell ya we are, we need our own sitcom,” I said proudly.

We went on talking about anything that came to mind. Tori was really sweet and easy to get along with.

It did bothered me to a point that Tori appeared to be the girl of my nightmares.

Though  I did try to reason with myself, saying that the person I’ve been dreaming about could have been anyone.

To be rational, I never did see a face. It could have been the girl version of Angelo.

Girl version of Angelo?

 Eww.

After a while, our food had finally arrived.

YA FOOD!

Anyways, it did feel like we all knew each other, like if we all grew up together depending on how well we got along.

I set my fears aside because they would probably ruin whatever our future is. And I have a pretty good feeling about this.