The Wow Effect

"Oh Chris, you look so handsome!" my mom cried out as I walked in to our living room where my dad and my mom were watching t.v. My sister and brother were there as well.

I stood there in our living room for a moment so my family could see me in my suit. My mom continued to say how handsome I looked and she even started to tear up.

"Aww my baby is all grown up!" She also said that her 'baby boy' has become a man.

Seriously mom your baby boy? She sure does know how to make me feel masculine.

After she got emotional for a minute, she ten started to take pictures. And she still would have been taking pictures if my dad didn't convince her that she had enough pictures.

Prom night was finally here!

The moment that most seniors desperately anticipate had finally arrived. Oh goody.

But in all honesty, these last few days have been a perfect combination of nervousness, anxiety, and all time happiness. I can't even seem to find the right words to explain this feeling I have inside of me.

After I asked Tori out to prom, things between us have been getting to where I wanted them to be. Meaning that there has been much flirting from both sides.

I haven't exactly told her how I feel about her but I was getting there. See, you need to ease in. I'm working on getting there because I wasn't just going to bluntly tell her I love her.

There needed to be boundaries and I was respecting those boundaries. But I will tell her but now was not the time and place for it. Such scared words need to be held in a proper place.

And a school isn't exactly where I imagine telling Victoria I love her. But I do assume that she knows that I really do like her a lot.

So tonight I was going to make my first move so we could start doing down the path of me telling her that I do love her. It's just one last dead romantic I guess.

I looked down once again to see what I was wearing; normal black fitted suit with a dark red suit with a silky black tie.

Mm, I look pretty good in suits. I should start wearing more suits because I actually do like wearing them. I don't know why.

"Do you have everything?" my mom asked as she set the camera down and wiped away her tears.

"Yeah, I just need to grab the corsage on my way out," I said with a smile, feeling all the butterflies in my stomach flying in like crack heads.

"Okay, remember to not stay out too late okay. And tell Victoria's parents to take many pictures. Please be safe Chris. Oh and take some pictures of the ballroom and-"

"Alright dear, I think that's enough. Chris is responsible so you shouldn't worry," my dad interrupted my mom.

"Have fun Chris," he said.

"Thanks dad. Bye you guys!" I called out before I left the living and walked to the front door.

I checked out in the mirror that was there for one last time before I picked up the red corsage that I set there earlier when I came downstairs. I checked my makeup which was black eyeshadow with a hint of red. My lip piercings were in and everything looked great.

Deep breaths Chris. It's only Victoria. Don't worry about anything, just enjoy your time with her and everything else will work itself out.

I walked out of the front door and walked down the path to go to Victoria’s house.

The sun was setting, bringing up a beautiful color of blues and reds as the darkness of the night was beginning to take over the sky that was above my head.