Scared To Drift Away

*Two months later*

Ahhh Fridays, probably most high schoolers favorite day because it the end of the week. A whole week of stress filled days, Friday is like a sigh of relief. But I like Fridays in particularly for another reason. Movie night.

For the past months, Friday had become a tradition for Tori, Ange and I. Afterschool we would go out to eat at Sheetz and afterward we went to my house to watch many scary movies.

At times my little brother, Nick, would join us. Kelly, Ange’s crush would come by whenever she could. All week I would anticipate Fridays because I would spend time for Victoria.

Tori and I have become extremely close since the day we met. We would talk to each other for hours on end. And since we lived right next to each other, we spent a lot of time over each other’s houses.

I also finally dismissed my weird nightmare and they have stopped. It was unusual but I was just being silly, thinking that Tori was in my dreams even before I actually met her.

It’s an honor having her as a friend. She’s smart, sarcastic, funny and honest with everyone around her. Plus, she is intelligent, which is a good part because most of the teachers at our school don’t know most of the shit they teach us.

Anyways, she has a way with words that amazes me. It’s no wonder she wants to become an author. She’s even let he read some of her stories. My favorite was Hidden In The Woods.

It’s about a guy that stumbles upon a graveyard when he runs away from his home. The graveyard is that of  Civil War soldiers whose stories were never told.

She’s still working on it but so far it’s been amazing. She’s truly talented. I write as well, but most of it is just lyrics for a band Ange and I are trying to start.

I’m going to be honest for a moment, I am scared of what is going to after to my friendship with Victoria when we’re done with high school. She told me one night, when it was lie 4 a.m. in the morning that she wants to go to college and what not.

She’s working hard to get a scholarship to a college in Chicago. That’s a long way from Scranton. Maybe I’m overreacting but we only have a couple of weeks before school is over. Then we go into our senior year of high school, and before we know it, we’re graduating.

I don’t want to drift away from Victoria. For the past two months, she’s grown on me… I don’t know if I would be able to let her go…

“Chris, do you understand?” Tori asked, raising her eyebrows at me, looking deep into my eyes. Her grey eyes staring at directly my own, that are spending chills down my spine.

“Nope,” my eyes look away from her face, to the study guide that out our Algebra 2 teacher gave us last period.

“This still doesn’t make sense to me,” I claimed as I puff out a sigh, leaning back into my chair. She smiled and moved closer to me, and I got a whiff of her perfume.

“Look,” she said picking up the paper and beginning to write out one of the problems. “It’s basic algebra. You already have 126, so now the problem is 126=6+8(2-x). Get rid of the parentheses, so you distribute the 8. Your new equitation is 126=6+16 -8x. You add 16 and 6 which gives you 22. You need to get x by it’s so you subtract 22 by 126, which is 104. Divide by 8x and your answer is 13.”

She set the pen back on the desktop.

“You make it look so simple,” I hissed which made her laugh.

“Why does Mr.Cobb insist on making this shit look complex?”

“He’s Mr.Cobb, he makes breathing look difficult.”