We Haven't Officially Met

Gabriella's POV

Something's definitely wrong with Stefan and Damon. At first, they seemed to be the happy loving brothers that they never were but now I can tell everything is reversed. It's been another week. Christmas is over.

My brother is engaged to be married to one of my best friends. She's pregnant with his baby. They are going to have a family soon. I hope.

Stefan's been odd. He hasn't been himself at all. It's Sunday already. Vanessa's six weeks pregnant. That's all. It seems like more when your waiting for the child to be born. I'm worried. I think something bad is going to happen.

I don't like thinking that way about things. I never like to think that something bad is going to happen. Usually when you think negative, negative things come. And we all know how positive I think.

Maybe it's true with me. Layla tells me that I'm getting my humanity back. Maybe it's false and she just wants me to think that. Do I even want my humanity?

All I know is that I don't want to get hurt again. I don't want to feel the pain that people do when their hearts get broken and shattered. It's happened before so who's to say it won't happen again?

No one.

I sit here in the Parlor of my boyfriend's house next to Layla on the couch. Tazia and Michaela stand in front of the fire place. Vampires. That's what we are.

" So did anyone else see what Vanessa did yesterday?" Michaela asks, breaking the dead cold silence between everyone in the room.

" I did! She accidently punched herself herself in the face and she said it felt numb!" Tazia says awkwardly. I laugh and Layla looks at me confused.

" Why is everyone so weird lately? What are you guys hiding from me?" I ask her, looking directly in her eyes. She sighs and looks away from me.

" You seriously don't know?" Michaela asks me.

" Don't know what?!" I snap. What the hell? Why can't they just tell me? I'm a vampire with no humanity and I know I don't care but I wouldn't mind knowing just a bit of why everyone's so odd.

" Stefan tried to turn Vanessa into a vampire," Tazia says.

" What? She's pregnant that could like kill her child right?" I ask them. They all nod. Well this explains why Damon and Stefan have a bit of hate.

" Want to know why he did it?" Layla asks me. I nod.

" To piss Damon off," Tazia cuts in before Layla can answer. I roll my eyes. Great, Stefan's gone lunatic now. I wonder why Vanessa never told me.

Probably because Damon screamed and yelled and it probably scared her. I wouldn't be surprised if they heard it from Stefan.

" So why didn't he turn her?" I ask them.

" We don't know," they all say in unison. I sigh and hear the door open. I look over to it and see Alex walk inside.

I sigh and leave quickly without saying goodbye. Lately, I haven't been in the mood to be talking to him at all. I just don't know why but I haven't been wanting to see him.

Not since the kiss. I kissed Damien. I had to know if something was there. Turns out the worst. There was.

***FlashBack***

I sit next to Damien awkwardly outside of the Grill. He just sits there, looking at me and waiting for an answer. I honestly don't know what to say, though.