Moments With Him

Hey guys! I'm praying that this chapter will be up quickly. :) I'm such a procrastinator, always like: I'll write more tomorrow, I'll write more tomorrow. And then I don't write anything till forever! Sorry guys. :)

Cover to the side's by BrambleBriar! Thanks!

________________________

Chapter Seven

Moments with Him

“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw

I woke up to Damen's peaceful sleeping face, something that oddly didn't ruin my day and instead made me feel a bit...warm on the inside. We weren't tangled up, but our legs were brushed up against each other, despite our actual bodies being several inches apart.

I gazed at his face, noticing how different he looked. The frown lines weren't there, no furrowed eyebrows, and his mouth was actually pointing slightly upward in a small, serene smile. His pinks lips were parted the barest bit, his long eyelashes rested, his dark brown hair normal and crazy messy, and a bit of stubble grew from not having shaved yet.

Trailing my eyes down his bare upper body, I yearned to touch him, especially his tattoo. I had to clench my hand firmly shut as it itched to trail my fingers along the thick inky lines of the tattoo, the black lines that complimented his tanned skin so well.

Unfortunately my hands wouldn't stay confined to my side and reached towards the tattoo. I was trying with all my might to stop my hand, only successfully slowing its progression but it seemed to have its own mind as it crept forward. I didn't understand why I always wanted to trace, to just touch those inky lines. It made no sense why my hands just naturally gravitated to it. These thoughts crossed my mind as my nonresponsive hands hovered close to his heated skin.

I gulped, fingers curling with my resistance and uncurling with its own want to touch. Gritting my teeth, beads of sweat forming, I tried pulling away. Maybe just one touch, I thought as even my over-worked mind gave in. Maybe I just have to touch it once and then the need to touch it again will go away.

Carefully sticking a single finger towards the murky lines, I delicately made contact with the jet black lines. I recoiled my hand as swiftly as I could, stroking my finger a bit afterwards.

The feeling I had gotten when I had made simple contact with his skin was phenomenally unusual. True, I always got a light tingly feeling when I touched Damen, but this...this was beyond different. The sizzling, burning sensation had felt electrifyingly extraordinary. So much so that I was scared of such a tremendously amazing feeling. Yet, there was a lingering question that stuck, why did I feel that way when I just touched his tattoo?

In my haze, I didn't even notice that Damen had also woken up from his slumber. He examined his arm with a befuddled expression hanging on his face. He held it as his sun-colored eyes trailed to me. "What happened? I felt this...feeling..." he asked drowsily.

"I touched your tattoo," I whispered a bit, automatically knowing he had felt the same sensitive, arousing sensation, because of the lack of his mental barrier against me.

His beautiful eyes hardened into an icy glare. "Don't touch me again," he voiced through shut teeth.

I rolled my eyes, already having expected something of the sort. "Don't get your panties in a twist, I accidentally brushed against it." More or less anyway. Before he could ask questions I didn't have answers ready for, I heaved myself up and off the bed and out the door.