A Long Night [Pic. of Damen]

Another chapter! I feel like I'm writing so fast compared to One and Only's updates!

Hope you like it! There are going to be a lot of plants and animals and bugs you haven't heard of, hopefully, ever. They're made up, so I'll try to explain them the best I can. :)

Pic to the side-----> 

is of Damen (so hot) 

_________________________

Chapter Two

A Long Night

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

"Move your feet," I told Damen, standing in front of the aqua-colored couch and looking at Damen's bent legs expectantly.

"No," was the curt reply.

"Damen!"

"Arella!" he imitated in a high-pitched voice that I sure hoped I didn't sound like.

"Move your feet!" I huffed.

"Make me."

"Fine!" I grabbed his legs and pushed them off. I was just about to sit down when he placed his legs back on the couch.

I glared at him, but it didn't seem to affect him in any way. "Move your legs or else," I said threateningly, and didn't finish the sentence partly because I didn't know how and because I thought it would add to the scary element.

He looked at me, bored. "Or else?"

"Or else..." I trailed off, not having planned this far, "Or else I'll sit on you!"

He just looked at me like I was an idiot before going back to watching whatever sports channel he had on.

Fine. If he wasn't going to listen, I wasn't going to budge in my resolve either. I plopped down on him heavily, to ensure hurt.

I wasn't sure if my goal was accomplished because he made no sound of pain, but I'm positive he was just trying to be manly.

"Get your fat self off of me," he said agitatedly.

"I'm not fat!" I defended, and he looked over at me with a raised eyebrow, "Just...curvy.”

"Sure, sweetheart," he responded with a sugary sweet voice, "Whatever makes you feel better," his tone abruptly changed as even the traces of his fake smile left his face, erasing any laugh wrinkles, and he said seriously, "Now get off."

I crossed my arms and looked at him squarely in the face, "No.”

"Yes."

"Nu-Uh.”

"Fine. Suit yourself."

Befuddled, I stared at him. Was he really letting go so easily? On the brink of smirking with victory, I felt myself being lifted up by Damen's legs and thrown off the couch. My butt hit the thinly carpeted rug with a thud so graciously loud, the neighbors residing underneath us probably heard.

"Ow!" I exclaimed as I rubbed my butt while getting up. "That hurt!"

"I care so much." he said, sounding disinterested and sarcastic.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to go see if there's any food." I narrowed my eyes, "I'll be back for my seat."

"While you're at it, maid, get me some dinner, too," he told me casually, as if he hadn't just dissed me in the same sentence he requested me to get him food. Might I add, without a please.

"Hell to the no!" I answered and walked, in what I hoped was the way to the kitchen. I noticed the balcony behind the closed door, overlooking whatever was on the backside of the apartment. It was too dark to clearly see.