1-The Glade

Hello Wattpad! Okay I want to start out by saying this is a story based off of The Maze Runner series by James Dashner. Except it is told in the point of view from some of the characters from Group B, the experiment parrallel to Group A (the main one)

Warning: IT WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

Also,  this is a co-written story. If you like it you should follow us

@JaydenBF

@escapetheworld_12345

Yes we have all read the series (though one of our writers is not quite done with the whole series yet, shes working on it)

Anyways.....

My eyes shot open. I could only make out darkness. My thoughts were panicked and disoriented.  My mind was cloudy, and I couldn't seem to put pieces together.  It was like I was waking up from a dream and my recollection of the dream is scattered.

Suddenly a low rumble diverts my attention. A large clanking noise, like a metal chain on a pulley rattles before jerking upward.

I feel myself being lifted up. The noise around me is sharp and metallic, but I cannot put a memory to it. Somewhere in my hazy mind I find a single word. Elevator.

Though I put the image to a scene of a peaceful small room with buttons, which doesnt fit this.

In a panic, I feel around for any sign that triggers a memory. Nothing but inky blackness comes to mind. I feel consumed by the darkness. I cant catch any sensible thoughts or images. The rattle and clanking of the heavy chains stops abruptly and I am thrown forward. A dim light appears above me widening till painful sunlight assaults the darkness.

The sudden light burns my eyes and I cower away, curling myself in the corner of the metal elevator. I tuck in and let my eyes adjust. Slowly figures begin to form in my mind. I find a dark bottomless shaft below me. Shaft, another word; another clouded memory. It stretches so far down, not even the unyeilding light is able to find a bottom. I shudder at the sudden image of myself plummeting down into the murky black abyss. I shake my head and look up, forcing myself to accept the sunlight.

At least a dozen eyes peer down at me and I shudder, but am relieved to see some human forms amongst me.

I try to speak, but no intelligible words form. My throat is stuck and I cant force air through my throat. I begin to panic, not allowing air in my lungs.

"Calm down Chirp!" a voice says above. I sense a bit of irritation in her voice. Her. I put the term to mean female, as in a girl. As far as I know, I am also a her, but I dont even know for sure.

"Grab the flank rope!" it calls.

I shake out of my curiosity and see a thick rope dangling in front of me. I reach for it and am suddenly hit by a wave of nausea and cant seem to grip the chord.

"Oh for the love of-" someone starts. I recoil and squeeze my eyes shut. I try to make out something. Anything that makes sense.My mind seems empty, with bits and pieces of knowledge, all clouded.  I cant seem to find a logical memory. I take a breath and try to gather myself. "You are Rachel. You are a girl. You are in an elevator. You need to get out of the elevator," I tell myself. Rachel. Its a familiar word. I put it together and determine it is my name.

I feel strong arms wrapping around me. I smile, because I am hit by the pleaseant memory of a woman holding me in her arms. Mother. But a face does not match.

I see at least a dozen girls all around me, and many more behind them. I roughly estimate about 70. All girls, no male. The word male triggers an odd memory. I have not had any memories that make sense. I see faceless figures, without a name. But the image of a human flashes in my mind. It is just a quick flash, but I see him. A boy, about my age with soft gray eyes and a kind smile. I cant seem to find his name or how I know him, yet I miss him...

I somehow manage to find my voice and ask the one question I can formulate.

"Where am I?"

"Welcome to the Glade, Skip"