Chapter 16 ; New beginnings

Alex's POV.

I knew it.

I knew I shouldn't have come back.

It would have never seen the same.

How could I ever think it would be?

Expecting him to wait. wait for someone like me. 

Who shut him out. Hated him. Didn't believe him...

left him.

I finally reached the edge of the coast line and sat on the bench facing out to sea. 

"Alex" I hear being shouted in the distance.

"Fuck" I curse to myself.

Ofcourse, the blonde haired irish is running straight into my direction.

When he finally arrives at the bench, he is out of breath and his cheeks are stained pink. 

I can't help but chuckle to myself at how unfit he was. I've been doing a lot more excerise since being in NewYork so the mere 1k didn't seem to phase me. 

"Mind if I sit down" he nods towards the place next to me on the bench.

"Sure" I squeek. 

As I feel his arm brush against mine I feel the blush creeping up to my cheeks so I look forward to the crashing waves, hoping he wont notice.

"So.." he sighs

"So" I reply bluntly.

He's already melting me with the freaking word 'so'.

"She's not my girlfriend" He scratches the back of his neck. "I mean the kiss meant nothing, she's just a girl from work because i thought you would be bringing a boyfriend or something and I didn't want to seem like a loser or anything and.."

I smile to myself, realising the truth. 

"Niall, it's fine. I believe you. Just you scared me back then"

I turn to face him and look into his undeniably amazing eyes which i've longed to look into for so long. 

"Why did I scare you? You jealous?" He winked at me

My cheeks begin to heat up again and before I say anything his hand reaches up to my cheek and brushes it gently.

His gaze is intense but soft at the same time. He places a gentle kiss on my temple and brings me into a hug.

"I've missed you Alexa Martin" he muffles into my hair.

"And I've missed you Mr. Niall James Horan".

Nialls POV.

Well today could not have gone any better. After this mornings disaster with Alex and Steph *cough* bitch *cough* and the talk with Alex about it, everything has been awesome.

I've spent most of the day along side Phoebe, Harry and Alex. Just like old times. 

Harry looked pretty darn handsome in his tux and Phoebe was an absolutely stunning bride. 

The wedding was perfect and I am so glad that things with Alex are going well.

*The next morning*

The alarm wakes me up at 6am. I know that's crazy early right. But that is the time Alex offered to meet up after her morning run.

I literally crawled out of bed and into the shower. The warm water splashed against me and I can't help wonder what todays events will unfold. 

Once changed into some trackies and a jumper I head to the porch where Alex is alreadying waiting. 

"C'mon sleepy head, lets go get some breakfast I'm starving" 

(ALEX'S OUTFIT IN THE SIDEBAR)

A/N/

I'm super sorry for the slow and short update, but I had like  20 minutes to write this :/

I'm having a kind of writers block on this story however I've started a new story which isn't a fan fiction but a teen fiction. i won;t be updating the first chapter until I have the first 3/4 ready so it can be updating more frequently. 

I'll keep updating this story. Next update will be at 3,000  - I know its a big ask but I do spend time on most of the chapters and i would appreciate it :) 

(

Emily

x