Chapter 15 ; The Wedding Day

CHAPTER 15

ALEX’S POV.

 7 hours. 7 hours till I see him again.

 It’s the day of Phoebe and Harry’s wedding and everything is in full swing, even at 8 in the morning.

 There are numerous amounts of people running everywhere trying to get everything sorted for the big day. I’ve got to admit the venue is beautiful. The ceremony has been set up on the beach and it looks spectacular. Phoebe has done an awesome job.

 When I arrived late last night Phoebe was already having her beauty sleep so I decided to not wake her up. I decide to go to surprise her in bed, hence waking up at this ridiculous hour when it is so unnecessary. Yeah, I’m lazy okay, don’t judge. 

 I step out of bed and walk across the corridor to Phoebe’s room. I can hear her walking around the room, of course she is already up. I open the door slightly and she looks up and freezes in place. I do one of those movie style runs and jumps onto her and we don’t let go for like 5 minutes.

 “I missed you so bloody much Alex, you have noo idea!” She squeaks.

 “Missed you too loser” I manage to say back while she is squeezing me like she is trying to kill me.

  As the make up teams, hair teams and several other people come in and out of the room helping us get ready  we do not stop talking. I’ve missed these talks so much.

My outfit for the day is just a plain light blue dress matched with a white cardigan and white pumps as well. It isn’t really a formal wedding as it is set on the beach so I slip a pair of sunglasses on the top of my head aswell. My hair has been slightly curled and a light coating of make up has been applied. (picture in the side bar)

 I decided to leave the professionals to help Phoebe so I went to go walk to where the alter is to check if they needed any extra help. It was now 12 and the wedding was in 3 hours.

I walk through the back doors of the hotel and head down onto the beach. I see two people in the distance sat in the chairs on the front row but I can’t make out who they are.

 The blonde one turns around and his eyes lock with mine. Niall.

 He’s grown up a lot more since I last saw him, I guess that is expected..5 years. Jeez.

 My eyes shift to the girl next to him. They both stand up and she plants a kiss on Niall’s lips. I feel my breathing stop for a second as the pain hits me straight in the chest. He has a girlfriend.

 She isn’t the type of girl I pictured Niall to end up with, I mean I don’t mean to be harsh or anything, but she’s a little ‘slutty’ looking. I know Niall used to be a badass and all that but he changed, well atleast I thought so.

 She had ridiculously long, poker straight bleach blonde hair. Even from here I could see the amount of make up she was wearing and her dress was almost showing her ass. But, she was beautiful. In one of those super model slutty kind of ways.

 I should be happy for him. I was the one that left him.

 I shouldn’t have expected him to wait for me. I have been away for 5 years. How could I even think that he would do that? He’s moved on.

 I turn on my heel and walk straight into the opposite direction but that doesn’t stop the pain being inflicted on my heart. Fuck.