Chapter 13; A new life

Nialls POV

My apartment feels to be closing in on me. I hate this so much

Ever since Alex woke up and she had no recollection of our past relationship my heart has constantly been in pain. I guess it is like that with your first love, painful.

 Seeing her with Ben tonight made me face the reality that I am losing her and there is a strong possibility I will never get her back.

 I’ve tried so hard to try and keep a brave face through out this whole situation but I think I’m at my breaking point.

 I want Alex to be truly happy and if that isn’t with me I will have to face the facts but why Ben? Seeing her with an asshole like him just makes this whole situation worse.

 I look over to the side of my bed where there is a little book. Alex had made this for me on our one-month anniversary. It contained pictures of us and little captions of our inside jokes and funny things that have happen.

 Reading through this book used to bring a smile on my face after long days at uni or if I was feeling a little down. Now. Well let’s just say it brings a type of pain that is indescribable.

 I feel my arm throwing the book against the wall and I instantly run across the room to retrieve it. I pick it up off the floor and hold it to my chest.

 The tears start to fall and the salty taste hits my mouth. I don’t know how long I can do this.

 It seemed like hours had passed as I sat on the floor letting out all emotions but it had only been merely 10 minutes.

 I place the book back onto the bed side table, I need to let out my frustration and it can’t be on something that I will regret breaking.

 My body completely takes over as I feel my self punching the wall. The searing pain which moves through my wrist and up my arm tries to overcome to the pain of my heart, but fails.

Picking up random objects such as lamps and chairs and throwing them against the wall seems to be my only release as all these fucking things are my old life and they just bring me back to her.

 Through the sounds of things breaking and the sobs I can’t seem to control I hear my phone vibrating on my desk.

  I look over to see the caller ID, it’s Phoebe.

 I pick up the phone trying to sound as normal as possible.

 “Hey Phoebe” I can hear lots of people around her, she must still be at some bar.

 “Hey Niall, you get home ok yeah?”

 “Yeah, I’m home.” She sighs, I’m guessing she can tell I am not ok but doesn’t push it.

 “Listen Niall, I think that Ben guy is up to something cause he seemed to drag Alex away pretty soon and I want to know what he wants with her. He always has a motive and I’m worried about her, she is pretty gullible right now and…”

 Her speech is kind of slurred but I can just make out what she is saying.

 “Fine, I’ll go round to his and find out what he wants, I’ll call you later ok?”  I can now hear Harry behind her, I should probably let them be.

 “Bye Phoebes” I hang up and walk out of the door.

 Ben’s flat is only a block away from mine and Harry’s so I’ve decided to walk. The weather is nicer now its spring time and I could use the fresh air to be honest.

 Plus, he wouldn’t stop giving me shit if he knew I’d been crying.

 I knock on his front door but he doesn’t answer, I know he is in there because I can hear his disgusting voice from here.