Chapter 5. ; Little Present

Nialls POV.

I walk across the room to where Harry is standing. My breathing starts to quicken and I can see him trying to back away. Harry is taller than me but I'm pretty sure that won't matter when I start to let out the anger I have towards him right now. 

I punch him right in the face as hard as I can, he drops to the ground.

"Niall, What the hell are you doing?" I hear Alex scream from the other side of the room. I ignore it as Harry is standing back up again, cradling his face.

I swing to punch him again but he blocks me and pushes me back.

"Niall, dude, I told them not too, I didn't get involved in any of the touching or anything.."

The thought of that disgusting group of guys touching Alex makes me feel sick. I push Harry against the wall and punch him in the stomach causing him to keel over. I lean down so we're face to face. 

"This isn't over Harry, we need to talk about this later" I hiss.

I turn around to see Alex looking terrified, I grab my jacket and walk over to her.

"C'mon lets get you home" she just nods and walks out of the door.

When we reach her room, I knock on the door. Phoebe swings it open.

"Where the hell have you been? I've been worried sick, I said 11! I could of at least had a call or something" 

I step in to defend Alex, "Sorry it was my fault, we were talking for ages and then went to a club and she got wasted but I should of called telling you that she wouldn't be coming back to the dorm". Alex smiles up at me.

"Whatever" Phoebe rolls her eyes, "Oh and that Ben guy came looking for you this morning, something about wanting to take you out like you promised? I don't know what you were thinking, hes a right douche" 

I feel Alex start to go heavy in my arms. "Shit, Phoebes I need to talk to you about that".

Alex turns to me and hugs me tightly. "Thanks for everything Niall, I don't know what I would of done without you, see you around maybe". She pulls away and gives me a small kiss on the cheek and walks inside. I'm left in the hallway blushing like a little school boy.

Alex's POV. 

As I close the door I feel Phoebe's stare on me. My head is absolutely killing from last night, remind me never to drink that many shots, EVER again. I walk across the room and plonk my self onto my bed.

"Alex, I'm waiting for this explanation of yours" Phoebe huffs.

"Alright, fine.. Where do I start? Well I was walking over to my date with Niall and Ben and his group of friends kind of surrounded me and tried touching me and stuff, and they held me down and I panicked so I said maybe some other time, just so they would go away but they didn't they carried on, so I screamed and they dropped me in the mud and luckily Niall heard and he found me. We came back here for me to get cleaned up but you we'rent here so I went on the date that Niall had planned and we talked for ages about everything and he took my mind of things by being so sweet, and to prove that they couldn't bring me down we went to a night club, and i got kind of wasted so Niall took me back to his but don't worry nothing happened. oh and it turns out his house mate is one of the guys that was there in the park so shit kind of went down this morning and yeah.." I exhaled after my long rant about the events of last night.

Phoebe just looked at me in shock. "Alex, I didn't realise. Are you okay? Shit." 

I just smile at her "nah, i'm fine now thanks to Niall" 

Phoebe finally gets it out of me that I've started to like Niall, which I won't hear the end of. I know what his reputation is but right now I don't really care, it's not serious between us or anything so he can't break my heart.

-------

I can't believe its only a Wednesday, this week has been do dramatic with so much going on and its only Wednesday. Wow. I don't have any lectures today so I'm going to go down to the studios to practice a song I'm working on. I just throw on black skinny jeans, a plain white shirt, a hoodie and my high tops. I tie up my hair in a messy bun and don't even bother with make up. As I walk out of the door I brab my 'On Wednesdays we wear pink' beanie, because it just has to be done.

I walk down the street and see that familiar Irish boy standing on the corner of the music block. I feel my self grinning like an idiot but I don't care. My smile fades when I see the bag next to him, It looks like a lot of stuff. He can't be leaving can he? 

"What's with the bag?" I question him when I get near.

"I'm off to Ireland for an early start to the holiday, all my lectures are over so I might as well" 

"Oh" It comes out more like a whisper and I can tell he can sense my disappointment. 

"Don't worry Alex, I'll be in England for Christmas so I could come visit you, ok?" He hands me a piece of paper with his number on it and then pulls a little package out of his pocket and hands it to me. "Merry Christmas Alex"

"What? You didn't need to get me a present, thank you so much!" I give him a hug and don't let go.

He eventually pulls away and laughs "You're welcome, I better get going. See you in a couple weeks Alex" He leans down and gives me a peck on the lips. We both smile at each other, and he walks away. And just like that he's gone.

I slip the box into my pocket and head further towards the doors. I spot Harry, Nialls house mate waiting for me by the door. I consider turning around and walking back to my dorm but I really need to practice and I can't avoid him forever. 

"Hi Alex, we need to talk"

"I've got to practice, sorry" I try walk around him but he steps in my way. I feel my heart rate quickening and he notices the panic in my eyes.

"Don't worry Alex, I would never hurt you. I'm just saying that I am so sorry about what happened, I tried telling them not too but Ben has like a serious crush on you and he's a douche so he will do anything to get what he wants. Just please don't go anywhere with him alone, I've spoken to Niall about everything and he's actually letting me talk to you which is amazing but now he's gone I'd like to be there for you. So anytime he's around you being weird just give me a call and i'll come help, okay? you can trust me Alex, I promise I'm not like them"

"Yeah, OK, thanks. I'll see you around then" I give him a smile and walk into the music hall.

Wow. This week is getting weirder and weirder.