Interviews & First Impressions

It felt like the hands on my back had been shaking me every three seconds for the past hour. "Juliet, get up!" My manager, Anne, yelled at me through the curtain of the tour bus bed. I groaned and asked for five more minutes. I know I'm on tour but, hey, a girl needs her sleep. "You have your first interview of the day in one hour! You can't be late again!"  I rolled to my other side in the bed and finally stepped out to go to the front of the bus.

Anne was talking on her Bluetooth and writing an email on her iPad. I sat down at the small table in the corner of the bus and grabbed my favorite cereal, Captain Crunch, and a bowl. Anne ended the call and put her iPad down on the seat beside her. She came and took the box of Captain Crunch and set a bowl of fruit in its place.

"Seriously, it's a Monday. All I want is my Captain Crunch." I gave my best puppy dog face. "Please..." Anne shook her head and placed the Captain Crunch further away from me. I could feel the box taunting me as I stabbed the fork through another piece of pineapple and watermelon.

"I want you to be successful on your first tour and with that comes eating healthy foods and keeping your body maintained." Anne stated and continued. "We are down to forty five minutes before your first interview. Hurry and finish your fruit. I laid your outfit in the back of the bus. I set the, now empty, bowl of fruit in the sink and walked through the narrow walkway to the back to see what Anne had picked for a day of interviews. I looked down to see a mini dress and high heels below it. What on earth. I'm supposed to wear this throughout seven interviews and the transportation between them all.

"Psst." I turned around to see Anne's assistant, Lexi, trying to get my attention from out her bed curtain. "I have a tshirt and jeans ready for you. It's hanging in that closet." I turned around and opened the closet Lexi had pointed to. Sure enough, Lexi had gotten me my favorite skinny jeans, a plain white tshirt, and my black converse high tops. I gave a thumbs up to Lexi and thanked her. That's why she's my favorite. I changed into the outfit and straightened my hair. Twenty minutes before the first interview started I emerged from the back of the bus to see Anne's face slowly fade.

"Where did you get that? I had a dress for you!" She snapped.

"I understand that. This is comfortable."

"You have seven interviews today! You are not going to wear that!"

"Quick question, are these interviews on national television? Will millions of people see me today?" Anne rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Well then I don't see a problem wearing what I already have on and I cant change and redo my hair in fifteen minutes." I gave a smirk and Anne went back to work. Lexi winked at me from the back of the bus and I laughed. For the rest of the time I had I got on Instagram and Twitter and talked to some fans who are coming to the show tonight.

Three months ago, Anne got a call from Emblem3's manager asking if I would accompany the boys on their summer tour. I had just gotten signed to Columbia records and Anne said I needed their fan base to start my career. Anne agreed and I began preparing a set list for the tour. Today is the first day of the tour and I have seven interviews before the show. I am extremely nervous. I haven't even met Wes and Keaton yet. Our schedules clashed and we had no time to meet and get to know each other.

I was dragged away from my phone and my worries because Anne was leading me through the radio station to where we needed to be. "Now remember: make eye contact, smile, think before you say anything, and don't do or say anything inappropriate. They will ask about family and friends so don't say anything too personal about anyone. Respect their privacy and just don't break anything, please." I had a reputation of being a klutz. I have already broken four awards (none of which were mine) at my record label and I disconnected a camera during a major interview so they had to restart.