Chapter Eighteen: The Event

Levi had -- somehow -- managed to get Alex to where the event was being held without having to strangle her, or knock her out. The event was back at the camp where at three Titans were being held. All the squads were there, some of them were even excited for it to start. Even though it was for science, and it could possibly help them understand the Titans a little bit more; Alex wasn't as fond as the idea as the other soldiers. Eren noticed Alex and walked over with a smile, then his eyes looked down and saw her hands tied.

"Wow, what happened to you?" Eren asked and earned an I'm-going-to-fucking-murder-someone glare. Eren looked away to avoid Alex's angry eyes.

"You can take them off now, I'm not going to run," Alex sighed. Levi shook his head, "I don't trust you." Alex leaned her head back and groaned. "They're hurting," she said. "Good," Levi smirked tightening the rope. Alex brought her foot up then kicked him as he stood behind her, "You're a dick and I hate you with a passion."

"Okay! As you all know we're going to be doing a little experiment," Hanji shouted, grabbing everyone's attention. Alex's eyes widened; she wasn't ready. Not now, not ever. Eren was standing beside her with his arms crossed. "Eren.." Alex shout-whispered to him. Eren turned his head and looked at her, "What?"

"Untie me," Alex order wiggling her hands behind her back.

"I can't. He's watching," Eren whispered back. Alex narrowed her eyes at him.

"So? Just do it or you'll wake up with your balls chopped off," Alex threatened. Eren's face flashed with fear. "He's literally right behind you," Eren stated.

"Do it or-"

"Shut the fuck up you two," Levi glared. Eren immediately faced Hanji while Alex glared at both of the men.

"I have to pee," Alex said trying to get out of being there.

"Hold it." Levi said.

"I swear I will burn off your eyelids," Alex growled at Levi. His eyes slowly looked at her and glared. "Just shut up and listen." Alex rolled her eyes and looked forward.

"I might die while doing this, but it's worth it!" Hanji said excitedly with a smile painted on her tan face. Alex didn't understand how she -- or anyone -- could be excited for this. First off, they are going to be pulling out dead bodies from the attack on Trost and possibly some from that attack five years ago. Second, the soldiers that are going to be pulling out the bodies could possibly die.

Alex didn't see how that was exciting.

"Shall we get started?" Hanji asked clapping her hands together. Hanji walked over to blonde haired Titan, it's half-skinned smile opening slightly as it's eyes followed her small figure. 'Edgar' was the only Titan that they had pinned down on it's back; that was the only way they could capture him. Hanji walked over to the Titan's stomach and climbed onto it's steaming body. But with the think layers boots, the soldiers standing on it couldn't feel anything.

Hanji said somethings to the four soldiers then two of the soldiers pulled out their swords and cut a big hole in the Titan's stomach. The Titan's face didn't change; it was staring at the humans that surrounded it with hunger. Hanji was the first to stick her gloved hand into the hot pool of red liquid. Ignoring the burning feeling in her hand, Hanji grabbed something and pulled it out. It was the 3DMG of a deceased soldier; but there was no soldier attached to it.

Hanji handed the gear to a soldier in her squad to stood on the ground. The two men who cut the hole kept moving their swords; cutting the flesh the Titan tried to grow back. Alex was panicking on the inside. Each body they pulled out, a wave of relief washed over her when she realized it wasn't Elisa's frail body. They had pulled out five bodies -- or half bodies -- out already. They all were soldiers who were marked MIA from the attack on Trost District. Alex didn't know any of them, one's face was burned off from the boiling liquid making it almost impossible to know who they were until they looked at the number on their gear.

Hanji's arm dug deeper into the pool of steaming liquid; her fingers had brushed something but she wasn't able to grab it in time. "Untie me," Alex demanded breathing in and out. Levi crossed his arms and ignored her as he watched one of the soldiers pull out another dead soldier. Alex's eyes traveled to Hanji as Hanji's arm dug deeper into the stomach.

"Seriously, untie me."

He ignored her and continued watching. Hanji smiled when she finally got a grasp on whatever she felt before. She stood up straight and pulled it out. The body was light; like a child's. Alex's eyes widened as she crossed her fingers and prayed it wasn't Elisa. The body was obviously a girl child, but the face was cover with dry blood. "Let me go," Alex said panicked as a soldier handed Hanji a wet cloth to wipe off the dried blood. The girl's dress was pink.

"Just like the one Elisa wore that day," Alex thought but quickly pushed it out of her mind. Levi glanced at Alex's scarred face. It was the first time he had ever seen any emotion out of her except annoyed and anger. Alex's head snapped to him. "Let me go," she pleaded. Her voice wasn't sarcastic, bored, and confident as it usually was -- even Eren stared at her with concern.

"I told you, you have to be here," Levi said looking away from her. Hanji had scrubbed most of the blood off by now, and the girl's face was being more clear. There were several burns on her body, her left hand was even missing. Her hair had been burnt a dark black, and you could tell some had been burnt off by the ends.

"I need to go now," Alex breathed as her throat started to swell up. She didn't want to break down -- especially with all those people there. Eren looked at Alex with concern. "Are you alright?" Eren asked. Alex shook her head and opened her mouth, but it wasn't her voice that came out.

"Does anybody recognize this girl?" Hanji asked holding up the small girls dead body. Alex's eyes widened and her breathing became heavier, which earned looks from the soldiers near by.

It was Elisa.

Kind of a crappy chapter, but the next few chapters won't be the best since I only have two days to prepare them x.x

- OOTD -

What do you think of this chapter?

What do you think's going to happen next?

What is Alex going to do?

What'd you think of the not-so-confident version of Alex?

Leave a comment (:

- Sorry if there were any mistakes -