Chapter Eight: Oh no..

"Break up into the squads you were assigned to during training! You will be under the Garrison Regiment and provide support in logistics, data transmission, and search-and-destroy missions! The Garrison Regiment will intercept and hold vanguard! The Cadet Corps will provide back-up in the middle! The Garrison Regiment's Elite Troops will protect the rear! According to reports, Advance Guards have been decimated! The Titans have broken through the outer gate! I'll be blunt! Don't be surprised to see the Armored Titan break through the inner wall at any moment!"

Gasps came from the crowd as they processed the news. 

"Did you hear that?"

"It can't be true!"

"If Wall Rose is destroyed-"

"Silence! At this time, we are holding off the Titans on the front lines. Our defense strategy is simply this: Guard Wall Rose with your lives until every single citizen is safely evacuated! Finally, understand this! Desertion in the face of the enemy means immediate execution! Be prepared to sacrifice your lives! Dismissed!"

"Yes, sir!" 

Everyone started running in different directions, getting together with their assigned group. 

"Why did it have to be today?! I was supposed to head for the interior tomorrow!" Jean exclaimed. Suddenly a boot came in contact with his forehead. His hands immediately went to his sore spot, "Ow! What the hell was that for?!" 

Alex looked down at him with bored and still eyes. "Listen up pretty boy, stop whining about how you were going to be sent to the interior tomorrow, because sorry to burst your bubble, but no one gives a flying fuck. So shut it before I shut it for you, and I know for a fact you really don't want that, now do you?"

He looked at her in fear before smiling, "You think I'm pretty?"

That line earned a ice cold glare from the short female. Gulping, Jean stood up and backed away putting his hands up in surrender. He turned around with his head down and walked further away. Alex looked over at the puking man and shook her head. Some people really don't have the guts when it comes to the real thing. 

"You wanted to be in the Scout Regiment, so you're probably prepared to become Titan food! But I was all set to go to the interior tomorrow!" Jean yelled. Alex turned her head to see Jean grabbing a fist full of Eren's shirt.

"Calm down!" Eren tried reasoning.

"'Calm down' and let 'em eat me?!" Jean shouted back.

"No! Think back and remember! The blood, sweat, and tears of the past three years! Three years.. where we looked death straight in the face! Some didn't make it. Some gave up and left, and some were kicked out. But we came out alive, didn't we?! And we'll survive today too! You'll live through today, and go to the interior tomorrow, right?!" Eren said then walked away. 

Jean stood there leaned up against the stone pole, speechless. What Eren had said grabbed a lot of people's attention, and most of them just stared at the ground re-thinking his words. Jean shouted something at someone walking away from Eren. Alex looked over at Eren to see Mikasa was already there.

"Was she there the whole time?" Alex thought looking at the two talk. Shrugged she turned and walked over to Jean. 

"I thought I told you to stop whining," Alex said crossing her arms. Jean's eyes widened and he opened his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything some shouted:

"Cadet Bellerose and Ackerman!" Alex furrowed her eyebrows and walked over to where Mikasa and the man who had called their names were.

"You two are specially assigned to the rear guard, come with me." He explained.

"I'm not good enough. I'd only be a burden!" Mikasa objected. 

"I'm not asking for your opinion. Evacuation is behind schedule. We need the best soldiers guarding the people," he said and turned around.

"I'd prefer to stay with my classmates," Alex said with her cold voice. The man stopped walking and turned around to face her. 

"Like I said, I'm not asking for your opinion," he said, "is that clear?"

"It is clear, but it isn't going to stop me from arguing," Alex explained leaning against the stone pole. The man gritted his teeth and let out an annoyed sigh, "You're Cadet Bellerose, right?"

Alex smirked, "You'd be correct. Why? Am I famous?" She let out a chuckle. It was obvious she was getting on the man's nerves, and Mikasa and Eren just stared at her thinking, 'why the hell is she doing that she could be executed!'

"Look, I don't have time to argue with you -- we don't. So just shut up an-"

"Great! Since we both don't really want to argue, I can just stay with my classmates! Problem solved!" Alex said putting her hands up in the air. The man glared at her with his hands balled into fists. 

"Do whatever you want, but we are wasting valuable time here, c'mon Ackerman," the man said turning to walk away. Alex smirked and turned to the two step siblings. 

"Please.. Don't die," Mikasa whispered to Eren, but it was loud enough for Alex to hear. Eren pulled away and started walking in the opposite direction. "I won't."

Mikasa turned to Alex, "Remember what I told you. I'm trusting you with his life, please.. just try your best to keep him alive." Alex looked into her dull gray eyes and nodded.

"I'll do my best."

"Hey, Armin."

Armin turned his head to look at his best friend. "Isn't this a great opportunity? If we prove ourselves here, before we apply for the Scout Regiment, we're bound to get recruited and earn fast promotions!" Eren said excitedly.

Armin smiled, "Yeah, that's for sure."

"Sorry to break up this little bonding moment, but many from our class are candidates for the Scout Regiment," Alex said with a bored face. 

"You beat me to the punch earlier, but not this time," Thomas said.

"Is that a challenge, Thomas?" Eren asked amusement dripping from his voice.

"Let's see who can kill more Titans," he said with a smirk.

"Don't fake the numbers!" 

"Squad 34, move out!" Someone yelled from a roof not far from the one they were standing on.

"You are going to support the vanguard!" The person continued. 

Eren turned his head to his squad, "Okay, let's go!"

"Yeah!" They all yelled lifting their blades up. Alex smirked, "Just to let you all know, I'm going to beat all of your asses at this!"

Eren laughed, "We'll see about that!"

Then they all used their gear and advanced forward, towards the Titans.

"This many Titans already?" A black haired girl asked staring at the Titans.

"The front line is totally dismantled!" Thomas said.

"What happened here?! Those guys always try to steal the show!" A brunette exclaimed. 

Alex looked over at the Titans. "This is really it.." Alex's eyes widened as she looked at the sight in front of her, "It's one of the peculiar types!"

"Stop!" Eren yelled as the peculiar type Titan jumped over the many houses. Alex landed gracefully on top of a roof, others.. well not so much. The abnormal Titan had it's limbs wrapped around the stone tower. Eren was hanging from the roof they were standing on, and they all looked at the Titan with wide eyes. The Titan's head slowly moved to the right, revealing it's face.

Thomas Wagner was hanging from it's mouth.

He looked around, "Huh?" Obviously he didn't understand what was going on at the moment. The cadets stared at him with shock. They didn't know what to say. Some of them gasped.

Thomas blinked and started panicking, he knew. But before he could say anything, the abnormal Titan lean it's head back and swallowed him whole. Alex's mouth hung open, she wasn't ready to see another person she knew to be eaten by a Titan. But she didn't show it. She didn't show her fear, instead she pushed it aside and her face changed from shock and sadness to angry.

"What the hell did you do?!"

"Eren!"

"Stop you can't go off on your own!"

Alex sighed and launched herself off the roof, going after him. The others caught on and followed her lead. She could hear his shouting things, but couldn't understand what they were. 

"You fucking idiot.." She mumbled under her breath, remembering what Mikasa had told her.

Eren sped up carelessly, not noticing there was a Titan right under him. Alex's eyes widened as she sped up even more to catch up with him. 

"I told her I would protect you!" Alex yelled pushing him out of the way. Eren looked back at her with wide eyes, but she didn't push him away fast enough, the Titan below them jumped up and bit half of his leg off.

And ate her.

-----------------------
Yeahhhhh. I was kind of in a hurry writing this so it isn't the best x.x Sorry. But comment what you think? Next update will be tomorrow, so you'll find out what happens then!