Chapter Seventeen: Arguing

Hanji looked at Alex as she stared up at the Titan.. in what? Shock? Fear? Anger? There were too many emotions running through Alex's mind that she didn't realize Hanji shaking her shoulder. Alex blinked and looked away from the blonde haired Titan, "What?" 

"Are you alright? You look like you're going to kill someone.." Hanji said, muttering the last part but Alex heard it loud and clear. "Yeah, that someone is that Titan," Alex thought glaring at 'Edgar.' Hanji gave Alex a questioning look before shrugging it off and grabbing Alex's arm. "Stop touching me," Alex complained but Hanji acted like she didn't hear it. Alex rolled her eyes at the girl.

"So why am I here again?" Alex asked with a raised eyebrow. Hanji turned around to face her with a wide smile spread across her face.

"We're going to cut open one of the Titan's stomachs," Hanji explained looking at the three smiling Titans. 

"Why? All you're going to see it boiling liquid and dead bodies. Trust me, it's not a pleasant sight," Alex sighed. Hanji had questioned Alex about what happened back at the attack on Trost. For some unknown reason, Hanji thought it was fascinating. 

"Yeah, that is most likely true, but we haven't done this before with any of our other captured Titans," Hanji started crossing her arms, "and it might just increase our facts about their insides. After all, you're the only living person who has seen them."

"If you cut a hole in their stomach it's going to regenerate it pretty fast," Alex warned remember the Titan she climbed out of. Hanji sighed, "Yeah. We know, that's why we're going to have two people continue to cut the Titan's stomach, keeping it from shutting the hole." Alex nodded, it did make sense in some way. 

"So, which Titan are you going to do that to?" Alex asked staring at the familiar Titan. Hanji pursed her lips to the side and tapped on her chin, thinking about it. 

"That one," she said pointing at the blonde Titan.

*    *    *

After Hanji had told Alex that they were going to be cutting open the Titan's stomach who ate her sister, Alex immediately made an excuse to get away from that area. Now, she was laying on her back on her bed twirling the rose Elisa had given her the day she died. It's whiteness was long gone, the petals had no moisture, and they had turned slightly yellow. Part of the stem had broken off, and one of the leaves detached itself from the stem. Alex lied there thinking; just thinking. Would they pull out Elisa's body? Or will it already be puked up somewhere? Has it deteriorated inside the Titan's stomach after those long five years? Alex's thoughts and questions were interrupted by a loud knock at her door. 

"State your name and business," Alex shouted not wanting to get up.

"I don't have to," a voice said opening the door. Alex didn't have to look to know it was her squad leader, Levi. 

"What do you want?" Alex asked bluntly. She didn't care what he wanted; she just wanted to be alone at the time. 

"I thought that 'your stomach hurt and you feel like you might throw up'?" Levi said with a questioning tone. He leaned up against the wall and shut the door. Alex remembered her excuse, "Oh. Yeah. Right. Ow." Alex didn't even try to support her overused excuse. Levi's eyes narrowed at her. 

"It seems like you're just fine," he observed. Alex shrugged, "It was a miracle, I guess." Alex sighed then looked at Levi for the first time he's stepped foot into her room. "What do you really want? To come here and confront me about my little lie? I'm sure you have better things to do," Alex said rolling her eyes. The urge to roll her eyes at anyone and everyone had taken a new high, really high. 

"Why did you make up a lame excuse to get away from the Titans?" Levi asked staring at the black haired girl for an answer. 

"That's none of your business," Alex said resting the rose on her chest. 

"It is if I'm your squad leader," Levi argued.

"I didn't know that my squad leader needed to know every little detail about me," Alex shot back. Levi glared at her. None of his soldiers ever argued with him; they all new what the punishment would be. And most of them were too scared to even try in the first place. 

"Just answer the question, Bellerose." 

"You can't make me."

"Just tell me."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to."

Levi was getting frustrated with the blue eyed girl. All she did was argue with him -- and it annoyed him. "Tell me or I'll put you on horse duty for two weeks," Levi threatened. Alex's nose scrunched up. "Horse duty? I'd rather not," she thought. 

"I don't want to waste your precious time with my sad story," Alex said and stood up. She shoved the old rose into her back pocket and looked at him. 

"If I'm correct, Bellerose means 'beautiful rose' in French, right?" Levi suddenly asked. Alex gave him a questioning look, "Yeah. Why?" 

"Parlez-vous français?" Levi asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oui, c'est ma deuxième langue, pourquoi ne demandez-vous?" Alex asked. 

"I see.. Does you running away from Hanji have to do with that rose?" Levi asked. Alex's eyes widened slightly but then narrowed at him again. "Why do you care?" Alex asked crossing her arms. 

"I don't. Hanji wants to know why you ran off," Levi explained. 

"So? Why didn't she come here herself?" Alex questioned walking over to the window. She was lucky and had gotten an actual bedroom, unlike Eren who had to sleep in the basement. They thought that because of her known power, she wasn't a threat. But they made it so that she didn't have a roommate -- which Alex didn't mind one bit because she likes being alone.

"Because she's busy getting ready for tonight's 'event' or whatever she called it and sent me to ask," Levi explained with a sigh. Alex looked at him, "Event?"

"Yes, event dumb ass." Levi said harshly. 

"For what?" Alex questioned. She didn't know anything about an event. 

"Something to do with one of the Titans, I don't know the details. Why?" Levi asked giving her a questioning look. Alex's eyes widened. Were they really going to have a event over this?

"I'm not going." Alex stated firmly. 

"Yes, you are. Everyone has to be there. And I don't care if I have to drag your short ass out there, you're going," Levi said. 

"No. Seriously. I'm not going," Alex assured. She didn't want to go -- she couldn't. All those years of building up confidence and strength could easily come crashing down on her if they were to pull out Elisa's body. Those few years of building up a new Alex -- all gone, leaving the old, frail, weak Alex that she had once been. She didn't want that. 

"Yes, you are," Levi snapped. 

"Not, I'm not!" Alex shouted in his face then headed for the door. Levi gripped her arm and pinned her to the wall. "I don't know what your problem is, but you are going. I will drag you down there myself and hold you down so you can't run away," he said in a low voice. Alex glared at him and pushed him off of her, "No." 

"Quel est votre problème à aller?" Levi asked in French. Alex blinked.

"You wouldn't understand," she stated turning away from him, "even if you tried." 

Levi glanced outside the window, Hanji had made it clear they would start it around noon. By the looks of it, it was already noontime. Levi walked over to Alex and grabbed both of her arms. 

"What the hell?!" Alex shouted at him trying to free her arms, but it was no use. Levi was Humanity's Strongest Soldier. "The event is about to start. And you're going," Levi said wrapping a rope around Alex's hands behind her back. Alex turned her head around and glared at him. 

"This is kidnapping," Alex stated as Levi pushed her forward outside the room. 

"As long as I remember, I have custody over you and Eren. I can do whatever I want," Levi replied with a smirk. Alex dug her boots into the dirt once they got outside. "Walk, brat." Levi spat at her. "No," Alex said digging her boots in the ground even further. Levi didn't understand why she was making a big fuss over it, or why she continued to argue with him. It was getting quite annoying to him. 

An idea popped up in Alex's scattered mind and she smirked. Her tied hands were together, but as long as they were able to touch each other it'd work. Alex twisted the rose on her ring, and as expected an almost transparent black force field surrounded her and pushed Levi away. Levi gritted his teeth and tried reaching for her, but the thing that surrounded her was as hard as a wall. 

"Bellerose," Levi growled. Alex blinked and looked at him innocently, "Yes?"

"Take it down," he ordered. "Take what down? I don't know what you're talking about," Alex said with a smirk. "I will wait here until it comes down itself," Levi said crossing his arms. Alex bit her lip then looked towards the forest. Her eyes shifted between the forest nearby and Levi. 

"Don't you even think about it," Levi warned but it was too late. Alex was running her fastest -- which was hard because her hands were tied behind her back. Levi was officially ticked off now; she couldn't just listen, could she? Levi used his gear to make it on top of a tree branch. His gear was way faster than Alex's running, so he decided to wait there until her force field went down by itself. 

Just as he thought, her force field start to flicker by the time she was close to him. He jumped down from the tree branch and walked over to her. By the time he was close enough to her, her force field had gave out which caused her to groan. "Did you really think this would go well?" Levi taunted taking off her family ring and shoving it in her front pocket. Alex glared at him, "It was worth a try to get about from your annoying ass." Levi glared at her then shoved her out of the forest. 

"You are so going to clean your ass off tomorrow."

Parlez-vous français? = Do you speak French?
Oui, c'est ma deuxième langue, pourquoi ne demandez-vous? = Yes, this is my second language, why do you ask?
Quel est votre problème à aller? = What's your problem going?

Sorry if that's not what they mean, I don't speak French and I just used Google Translate xD

The next few chapters will be a little bit shorter than usually because I have to write five of them ahead of time (I'm writing this chapter Wednesday) and I only have two days to write six chapters (including Thursday's) and ugh. My imagination will be burnt out by the time I've written all of them.

- QOTD -

What did you think about the chapter?
Did you expect that event to be a thing?
What did you think about Alex & Levi's prolonged argument?
What do you think will happen next?