i. transfer

You sat in an empty desk by the window, alone in the silent classroom

You sat in an empty desk by the window, alone in the silent classroom. Dark gray clouds covered the blue sky, darkening the setting if it weren't for the magnificent idea of electricity.

It was a Thursday noon, the time on your schedule that was apparently lunchtime for the students of Tanren Academy, a prestigious school only for elites who could either get into it by grades or money.

After meeting with the headmaster and moving into your dorm room, you could say you felt pretty settled in, considering the good conditions of the academy.

"[Name]-chan~" a pretty blonde girl strode into the classroom, skipping with energy. Her name? Matsuo Momo, your cute roommate.

"Aren't you going to have lunch?" she stopped beside you, taking a seat on top of a desk, crossing her thin legs.

"I already ate before coming here," you replied, smiling stiffly. Momo twirled her light shaded hair around her pale fingers, lips puckering.

"Are you nervous?" the girl asked, tilting her head curiously.

"I'm new," you replied. "Of course, I'll be freakin' nervous."

She grinned. "It's sad we don't have classes together. If I could, I'd show you around the school, but it's not up to me to decide."

"That's true," you nodded your head. "At the end of the day, it's always going to be the teachers' decision."

"Yep," Momo nodded.

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunchtime. Momo hopped off of the desk she sat on, dusting away her skirt that was a little too short for your comfort.

She waved goodbye to you, exiting the classroom.

You felt your heart beat against your chest as students began filling the vacant seats in the room, the once silent classroom vibrating with voices from a deep octave to the highest.

A female with midnight-shaded hair took the seat in front of you, immediately turning around so she could show you a pearly white smile, her magenta-hued orbs glowing.

"Why, hello!" she exclaimed. "I don't recall knowing your face. Perhaps a new student?"

You gulped, "Yep. I'm [Surname] [Name], and you are?"

"Akada Yura," the female answered. "Pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

"Uh," you drawled. "Pleasure's all mine..?"

Yura leaned against the palm of her hand, resting her elbow on your desk. "How'd you get into here? Money or grades?"

"Grades," you responded.

"Money for me," the female shrugged. "I wish I was smart, but I'm fine with just being here. It's a nice school," she grinned, "with hot boys."

You slightly panicked. "Good for you?"