Chapter 21

Reese's POV

I looked ahead and sighed. This was always the most annoying sound and it always made my head hurt but i have to do this. I mean, why is this so hard for me to do? Just do it already Reese. Is it bad that this sound also kind of frightened me.

"Jesus do you need me to pull it or are you going to do it already?" Amber asked as she leaned against the wall beside me in the empty hallway.

"Amber silence. He has a fire alarm issue. It takes time."

I looked down to see my beautiful girlfriend typing on her phone. she suddenly sighed and connected her eyes to mine.

"Babe, i know this is hard for you but we seriously have less one hour left before a gun fight takes place in our school. Can you please pull the alarm."

"Wussy," Amber muttered under her breath.

I pouted but connected my hands to the alarms trigger. Now pull it. Once the sound met my ears i groaned loudly and leaned my head against the wall.

"Finally," Amber said as kids started rushing out of the building and towards the entrance. Teachers were ushering students out as i helped Chloe from the ground.

"Come on."

We sped walked in the opposite direction of everyone else. We went to the lunch room and opened the back doors, where my brothers, Trey, Lance, and Rico were waiting patiently.

"What took so long?" Trey asked walking to Amber and gathering her in his arms.

"Reese was being a wussy."

I glared and Amber.

"I say we use Amber as bait."

She stuck her tongue out at me but it quickly disappeared into my best friends mouth. Gross.

"Can you guys not do this right now. We have a serious problem. Freaks," Rain said laying a bunch of weapons out on one of the lunchroom tables.

I walked over and picked up the gun Chloe had practiced with weeks before.

"Here. You know how to use it. Use it if you have to," I said handing it to her. I was expecting her to shy away from it so imagine my surprise when she grabbed it with confidence and put it in her pants. Thats my girl.

The weapons on the table were quickly picked up and kept safely on our bodies. We didn't have any protection so i could only pray that everyone was going to be ok.

"Roy, Ray, and Rain can you guys go and lock every door that you see. All Exits," I said. They nodded and went to work.

I felt Chloe press her self into my side.

"Lance, Rico, and Rick I need you guys on the 2nd floor. When you see the others tell them to go to the 3rd floor. Me, Chloe, Trey and Amber have the bottom floor. I have no idea the outcome of this, but i want everybody to stay safe."

They nodded and together we all exited the lunchroom. I watched as Lance, Rico and Rick went up the back stairs and quickly pulled Chloe with me. We sped walked towards an empty classroom where we choose to wait.

"I missed you."

"I missed you more."

I watched as Trey and Amber spoke softly and kissed. I felt small fingers on my jaw before my eyes connected to my girlfriends.

"I'm going to keep you safe," I whispered into her shoulder, where i had rested my head.

"I know you will."