Chapter 3

*               *                *

I walk out of my third period class, which is U.S History. It was time for lunch, and I was going to do exactly what Fallon requested of me to do, which was to meet her at the east side of the school by the top of the staircase. When we exchanged phone numbers, she offered to text me the directions, but the service in some parts of the building sucked.

As I tried to find the nearest map so I could get to the east side of the building, I thought about how well second hour and third hour went for me. Now I'll just have to get over lunch, my last three classes, and also my first hour class tomorrow. I know it's weird and all, but I can't stop thinking about that rude ass guy. 

He's such an arrogant jerk! He assumes that all girls just stare and drool at him and want him. Although I was obviously checking him out right in his face, I wasn't expecting a snide ass remark such as, "You are not my type.".

I mean, what the fudge? Who just says something like that unless you think every single girl wants you? I don't want him. And his dumb attitude wasn't helping or making it any better for him. I ran my hands through my auburn straight hair and finally found a map nearby. I mentally accepted the directions in my head and was on my way.

When I eventually got there and jostled through the many students walking around and going downstairs for lunch, I noticed Fallon with the guy she was holding hands with earlier. He has dark hair and clear blue eyes. He looked like one of the school's most desired guys, but I knew better than to try and flirt. Besides, I can't take rejection on my first day. I smiled as he looked over at me.

"You're Ellie, right? Fallon says you're eating with us." He just winked and I smiled at him and nodded. 

Fallon flashed her bubbly smile, "Ellie, this is Drew. He is my amazing and wonderful and charming boyfriend!" 

I saw it coming. I flashed my own smile, "I'm Ellie."

I realized what I just said and sighed at the obvious. Drew just laughed at me and watched me as I blushed and quickly recovered. Fallon smiled at me and hooked her arm around Drew. We started walking down the stairs.

"So, you wouldn't mind me calling you a friend, right, Ellie?" Fallon randomly asked as we walked pass a bunch of other people, trying to get to the first floor.

"I don't mind." I said.

"Well, me and Drew eat with a lot of people. They won't bite, but I must admit that they're pretty bad on first impressions, so..." She trailed off as soon as she saw the annoyed look on Drew's gorgeous face. He sighed.

 "Baby, don't freak her out," He turned to me and smiled, "Don't even worry about it. All of our friends are pretty cool. If there's anyone you should worry about, it's Ace..." 

"Ace?" I repeated, staring at Drew in curiosity.

Fallon sighed. "Ace, the hot-tempered rude ass conceited player. Drew, why are you even best friends with that guy?"

Drew rolled his bright eyes and shrugged, "He's always wondering why I'm dating you, so why am I?"

Fallon slapped Drew on the shoulder and he tried to kiss her as a form of an apology, but she turned away from him in annoyance. The rest of the way there, it was silent and you could just feel the tension between the two of them. Something tells me that they aren't your typical 'perfect couple'. I tried to stay out of it, so I just turned straight ahead as we entered the lunchroom. I awkwardly took out a five dollar bill from my bag while standing in the line with Fallon and Drew, who still weren't talking to each other.