Chapter 10

*                   *                   *

Ace's POV

"You've been acting weird lately," Holly, another blond whore told me in the hallways, "What's going on, Ace?"

"Huh?" I looked at her for a few seconds. Her brown eyes glistened at me. I glanced down at my hand on her waist. Then, I turned back to Ellie, who was just standing alone, texting on her phone in the hallway. Moving in to next week, it's Friday all over again. Tomorrow's the weekend, and I have no plans whatsoever. Holly wants me to go catch some concert with her, but in all honesty, I don't want to go anywhere with her. 

To make things weirder, I couldn't stop thinking about Drew and Fallon last weekend, how attached they've gotten. I remember Ellie saying she wanted someone like Drew, how sad she looked just watching them. 

"Ace..." Holly's voice trailed off.

"Yeah?" I looked at her again. 

"Are you coming or what...?" Her lips slowly formed into a smile.

"I'll have to get back to you on that, actually." I kiss her on the cheek and walk away, not wanting to listen to her try to convince me anymore. I walked up to Ellie and she looked sort of out of it, like she was exhausted or something. 

"Ellie." I said.

She looked up at me, and then she smiled, "Hi."

"What's up with you?" I raised an eyebrow.

She sighed, "My car had some problems this morning. By the time I figured it out, my step mom and my dad and my brother were already gone. Fallon and Drew said they didn't feel like coming to school today. So I had to walk here by myself."

"Did you try David?" I leaned against the wall beside her, pushing my hands in my pockets.

"He won't answer his phone. Which is weird because we haven't talked since last week and I haven't seen him at all in school this entire week."

"Oh," I bit my lip for a second and studied her. Purple tank top, thin gray jacket, shorts, sandals. Why am I checking her out? I have no clue. She looked back up at me and I quickly took my eyes off her body and looked back into her eyes. 

"So...I'm also screwed this afternoon, too." She mentioned, putting her cell phone away.

"Why?"

"I have to run a few errands for my step mom and dad but...I have no car available to take me anywhere." She looked helplessly at me.

"That sucks."

"Yes, very much." She ran her fingers through her hair and the bell rung for class. "Well, we should be getting to AFM." 

We started walking and as we headed to class, I glanced at her and she was putting on lip gloss. I watched her lips rub together, going inwards and then out. She pursed them out for a second before relaxing and breathing out a sigh. We walked in class. I sat in my usual seat and she sat in hers, which was far across the room.

"It's Friday," I blurted out, trying to make some kind of conversation in the awkward silence.

"Yeah, it is." She smiled at me and she started taking out her things for class.

I watched her carefully and I was interrupted by a text message on my phone. I took it out and I swear my face would've lost its color if it hadn't so many times. Rosaline. Again. She's been texting me all week and it's been getting annoying as hell. I've been ignoring it for so long but now I think it's time I tell her to fuck off.