Chapter 20

*                        *                        *

"This is the place?" I asked in shock as we pulled up to a white stoned house privately off on a hill to a nice beach in the back. I was amazed. I mean seriously, Drew's parents can actually afford this? How could they trust us to spend a weekend here? 

"Yes," Fallon answered for me, squeezing onto my hand tightly, "We'll have so much fun!"

I was sitting in the back seat beside her. While after driving for twenty minutes since we stopped at a gas station, I couldn't stand Ace and his snide and rude comments, so I asked if Drew could please switch with me. Unfortunately, Ace didn't just give up that easily. He continued throwing comebacks at me from the front, and we had a huge argument basically the whole ride. After Fallon threatened to choke us, we shut up for good. Knowing Fallon and her problems, there's no telling what she has a history of.

She's kind of...on the crazy side if she doesn't take her medicine, and after what happened a few hours, what with the whole soda spilling incident, I'd say she took zero peels today. I chewed on my lip obviously while Ace stopped his hummer and turned it off.

"It's a good thing we packed for just a weekend." Drew smiled at us from the front and got out of the hummer to get to the back. Fallon's eyes lit up instantly.

"Oh, I'll help," She quickly got out of the hummer and it was just Ace and I.

I looked out the window for a second, until I realized that I should probably help. Ace had his hands on the steering wheel, squeezing onto it so tightly. I could tell just by how his knuckles bucked out. I could see him biting on his lip, like he was trying to fight an internal battle going on with himself. I started to reach for the door—

"I'm sorry." He suddenly said.

"Oh, really?" I was being sarcastic.

"Yes." He clarified, "Please don't make me say it again."

"Apology accepted." I immediately got out and started to follow Fallon and Drew. As I had my back turned, I heard another door opening and shutting behind me. Fallon and Drew were grabbing bags and socializing simultaneously. I felt a hand grab me and pull me back.

"You're making shit more complicated than it has to be." Ace suddenly said.

"Let me go!" I hissed while he pulled me up the steps of the house and at the front double doors.

"They can handle the bags," He snapped at me, "You're so difficult, Ellie. You have this...pissed off look on your face the whole ride, like you're waiting for me to say I was wrong and you were right," He continued saying while squinting his gorgeous brown eyes, "Which I'm pretty sure doesn't matter. But once I even do apologize, which I will admit drains the shit out of my pride, you don't even want to accept it!"

"I said I accept it!" I mentioned.

"Yeah you did say it but you were lying to me."

"No I wasn't!"

"Yes you were."

"No, I wasn't! Now shut up about it!" I snatched my arm from his grasp and smiled quickly as soon as Drew and Fallon started walking up the steps. Once we got inside, I was amazed with the beauty and decor of the house. It was totally a beach house, definitely. It looked so summery and happy! 

Too bad the mood Ace was giving off sucked.

We walked around as if it were some open house tour. Drew turned to me. 

"Three bathrooms. Four bedrooms. Only three are available. I guess you and Ace can have your own room and me and Fallon..." He trailed off and his lips started to form a small smirk as he eyed his blushing girlfriend.