Chapter 19

*                        *                       *

"You got me all wet, Drew!" Fallon screamed out loud while laughing uncontrollably, holding the water hose in her hand. She skipped around, soaking wet after having a bucket of cold water dump on her, thanks to Drew of course.

"Yeah, he got you wet." Ace smirked and I rolled my eyes at his immaturity and perverted remark. Drew smirked back at him and then he turned to Fallon, flashing that innocent and gorgeous signature smile of his that completely defined his overall personality. 

"Alright baby, I'm sorry." He said.

He went over to her and took the hose from her hand. He started spraying it on Ace's hummer, and then Drew's light blue eyes shifted to me. He had a sneaky smirk on his face, and he quickly turned in my direction and started spraying the water hose at me. I screamed and started laughing, running behind the hummer to shield myself from the water. 

Okay, so it's 11am. We're at Drew's house, and we're supposed to be washing Ace's hummer. We're on spring break and we're heading down to Venice Beach to relax a little. Apparently Drew's parents have a beach house down there. We plan on staying for the weekend and coming back on Monday.

Drew found my obvious hiding spot and continued spraying at me.

"Okay, stop it!" I laughed and ran off and onto his porch. 

Ace was smirking at me while squeezing out a sponge. Fallon watched Drew for a second, and then she turned to me. Her face looked sad. Her eyebrows were kind of going upwards and her smile disappeared completely. As soon as she caught me observing her, she slowly started easing into a smile again. She walked over to Drew.

"Okay babe, we have to wash the hummer. Quit playing around," She took it from him gently and started filling up the empty bucket again, which was like, the fourth time. 

"Let's take a break, actually," Drew gathered the sponges and sat them on the hummer, "Snacks and drinks in my house. Now."

"Fuck yes!" Ace whispered with a relieved sigh.

He ran up to the porch and quickly put his arms around me and lifted me up, taking me into the house. We're so used to being all close, especially ever since that day at his house. Drew and Fallon wouldn't even question it, they would just smile at us. Of course, we're not official, but whatever we have going on is obvious to them. People at school, however, wouldn't know because somehow, Ace changes character when we're there. 

I don't say anything about it, though. I have to admit that it bothers me sometimes. It's like, he's embarrassed to admit to anyone that he has something going on with me, even if it's something confusing and seriously complicated.

He put me down and I walked over to the window to see if Fallon and Drew were coming in yet. Drew was picking up the buckets of water while I noticed that Fallon was talking to him. I couldn't hear her of course, but whatever she was saying made Drew look at her with an irritated look on his face. She continued talking and talking, her mouth moving nonstop, until she eventually snapped her head around, her long blond hair swinging in the process. She started walking up the steps.

I squinted at Drew, who just huffed and turned off the water hose. 

I whipped around as soon as I heard the front door open, and Fallon quickly laid her eyes on me. I stared at her, chewing on my tongue. She smiled for a short second and went into the kitchen. I heard cabinets opening and slamming. She's probably preparing our snack. But she's aggravated, I can tell. 

I glanced out the window and Drew was still out there, leaning against his car and on his phone. 

"You alright?"