PbF Outtake Chapters 37 & 38, CPOV & EPOV

Outtake Chapters 37 & 38 – Carlisle's and Edward's POV

A/N: I am not an EMT, nurse, or doctor; all medical knowledge comes from watching ER, Grey's Anatomy, House MD, Chicago Hope, M*A*S*H, Emergency! (golly, I'm dating myself!!) and other medical TV dramas. So please forgive all medical mistakes—I am a homeschooling mum, not a medical professional. Thanks for understanding!

Half this chapter is written in Carlisle's POV, then we'll switch to Edward's POV.

Enjoy!! :)

*************************************************

Carlisle's POV

As I raced toward Isabella, mindful only of rescuing her, the russet wolf scooped her torso into his mouth and, raising himself to his full height with Isabella's limp body dangling nearly six feet above the floor, Jacob shook his head violently. As his teeth sliced through her fragile skin and muscle, Isabella's blood spurted across the flowered wallpaper in a macabre arc. He obviously meant to kill her as he shook her yet again, this time striking her head against one of the wooden bed posts with a sickening thud that left me horror-struck.

How could someone who claimed to love Isabella destroy her like this?

With her delicate form clenched firmly in his sharp teeth, I could do nothing. If I tried to remove her, his fang-like canine teeth would rip through her further, and she would die immediately.

I was utterly unable to help her.

The Jacob-wolf turned to face me, Isabella's bloody body grasped in his teeth, her arms and legs hanging limply. His eyes were triumphant and expectant...as if he was hoping something would happen.

But I could pay little attention to his games; my eyes were trained on my daughter, my Isabella, and all I could do in that moment was pray, Dear God, please! Help her! Protect her!

The wolf then released Isabella, dropping her body six feet from his mouth to the floor; I heard a frightful crack as she crashed to the floor in a bloody heap at my feet.

Her spine must have snapped.

Slowed by my complete shock at his callousness, I moved forward, but Jacob was faster. Kicking her aside so that Isabella lay on her back, he placed a huge front paw on her and rolled his weight onto her chest, fracturing her ribs spectacularly as blood gushed from her mouth and from the long gash in her neck, the first injury he had inflicted.

Isabella's life was being crushed out of her. Her heart was racing erratically, and if the wolf continued compressing her slender body, she would die right before my eyes.

I readied myself to attack him, but it was not necessary. A huge body flew across the room and collided with the Jacob-wolf, both of them disappearing through the bloodied bedroom wall and into the marble-lined walls of Isabella's bathroom.

“Carlisle, get her!” Emmett's voice was urgent, and I scooped Isabella's broken, bloody body into my arms and raced to the center of the house, farthest from the fighting at the moment. As I laid her on the floor, I was immediately joined by Edward.

While I was glad to have his assistance given Edward's medical training, I also knew that focusing clearly enough to effectively treat Isabella would be difficult for my son.

The wide-open gash at her neck was the most pressing injury, but I had no tools to suture the gushing artery. Providentially, Esme appeared at my side at that point, my medical bag in hand. As I opened my bag to get my suturing implements, I directed Edward to apply pressure to Isabella's head injury.