Did that even make sense? I don’t care! He’s wrong!

I’m not childish!

What’s wrong with me? My head hurts.

‘Milee? Milee, Milee, Milee, Milee, Milll-’

‘I’M OKAY!’ I shouted, jolting forward and crashing straight into Christopher. He caught me before I could tumble over, taking LaLa down with me.

‘Oh Emilee,’ he sighed and didn’t let go of me. ‘What am I going to do with you?’

‘Why do you sigh so much? You’re always sighing at me- ‘Oh Emilee’, ‘My darling Emilee’, ‘Milee, you will be the death of me’, sigh, sigh, sigh!’ I complained. He rolled his eyes and began stirring me to the stairs.

‘Come on, we’ve lost my parents because of you!’

We found his parents at the top of the stairs. Turns out they had been staring down at us creepily the whole time we argued, which didn’t help the whole ‘alien’ thing. I smiled shyly at them (since when was I shy?) and hid behind Christopher a little. Only a little. I’m not that much of a scaredy cat.

Or am I?

‘Are you three okay?’ the queen- Christopher’s mother- asked.

I gave her a ‘you’re weird’ look. ‘Why wouldn’t we be?’

‘You were arguing…’

‘Aaand?’

‘Emilee,’ Christopher muttered. ‘Shut up.’

‘NOT AROUND LALA!’

‘Emilee.’

‘Okay, okay, sorry. I think I need to sleep. I’m tired.’ I continued muttering to myself as the king and queen led us through the house, not paying attention to anything they were saying.

‘How can you be tired, Sissy? You just slept for aaaages!’ Tayla whispered to me. I grinned down at her.

‘I’m just awesome that way.’ I shifted her to my other arm because the right one was starting to ache. Tayla was freakishly small for her age, and freakishly light, but so was I. Therefore, my non-existent muscles couldn’t hold her for long.

‘Here, let me take her,’ Christopher said, though it sounded more like an order than anything else. I willingly handed Tayla over, too tired to argue anymore. To be truthful, I just wanted to collapse onto one of the many beds and die.

‘Mmm, I’m so tired,’ I murmured to myself.

‘Oh!’ Queen Madeleine cried. ‘You must be famished! Christopher, go take her to your room- she’s dead on her feet!’

Her tone was laced with disapproval and her son visibly cringed under her gaze.

‘Yes, Mama.’ He used his free arm to take my hand and led me down a different corridor.

‘We have a welcoming dinner at seven o’clock tonight!’ the king called after us. ‘Wear something nice!’

Their voices eventually faded as Christopher pulled me up another set of stairs. My eyes continued to droop, so I didn’t get to take anything in. I’m pretty sure I’ll go into cardiac arrest when I really see it later. This place is insane.

I wonder if they have a pool.

Oh my God! They probably have tons of pools! Maybe they have a red pool, so it looks like they’re swimming in blood! But, really, it’s red cordial! I love red cordial. That’s a statement, not an exclamation. It tastes like rainbows.