Chapter Fifteen

A bit shorter than usual :/

15. THE HORRIBLE ENDING TO A PERFECT DATE

We stayed at The Coffee Shoppe for about an hour. Bree constantly brought new cakes and sweets out for me to sample, and I was feeling fuller than I’d ever felt before. Every now and then Christopher would join me in tasting something- particularly the strawberry cheesecake, which was apparently his favorite- but the majority of the food went inside me.

            We walked out with a bag full of cake boxes. I made one of the bodyguards, whose name was Peter; carry it while Christopher led me to the next place we were going to.

            I had no idea where that was, and no amount of pleading would get him to tell me.

            “Please, Christopher? I’ll let you get laid tonight!” I whined, saying my last resort. I didn’t want to use sex in such a free way, but I was getting desperate.

            He hesitated, before shaking his head. “Not going to work, Milee. You’ll just have to wait and see.”

            I pouted the rest of the walk, which seemed to amuse him more than anything else. We were heading in the opposite direction from the café and winding down a ton of backstreets. As much as I tried to pay attention to all of my surroundings, there was just too much to take in.

            “It’s just around the corner,” Christopher said happily.

            “Good,” I grunted in reply. “I’m about to die from tiredness.”

            “You’re a vampire, Milee. You don’t get tired.”

            “YOU are ruining my mojo, darling mate of mine, and I do not appreciate it!”

            He sent me a bemused look. “I have no idea what you’re talking about half the time.”

            “I’m just special that way.” Jutting my chin out stubbornly, I crossed my arms and pouted. Christopher just laughed and put an arm around my shoulders. When we walked down a new street, I froze.

            In front of me was the biggest jumping castle I’d seen in my whole life. It was like a life-sized replica of the castle; only every part of it was made out of that godly air-filled material.

            I swear I died and went to heaven right then and there.

            “Like it?” my lovely mate asked with an excited smile on his face.

            “Like it? I love it! This is the best date ever!” I screamed before bouncing up and down and hugging him. Christopher chuckled and kissed the top of my head. “Do we have to pay to go on? I don’t have any money!”

            He rolled his eyes. “I’m the Crown Prince of this country and you want to pay to go on a jumping castle?”

            “Well, yeah! How else is the castle man meant to get his money?”

            “We don’t need to pay.”

            “Okaaay…”

            I skipped over to the castle and somehow managed to kick off my shoes in the process. Hopping around like a retarded giraffe for a second, I threw them both at Christopher before sprinting past the caste man and leaping through the front entrance.