Chapter 8

• Dedicated to All my fans! I love you guys!!!

I do not, i repeat do not own PJO.

Annabeth's POV

"Annabeth, i'm sorry." Percy said as we left the locker rooms, fully clothed, heading towards our lockers for the end of the day.

"Sorry? Sorry for whatt Percy?" I asked, totally confused.

"I'm sorry about Mark." He said.

"Percy, it's not your fault. It's that jerk's fault. Don't worry about it."

"Ok. I love you Annabeth." He said, pulling  me in for a kiss.

When we broke apart I said, "Love you too Percy."

He smiled down at me, but then quickly frowned. "What's wrong Seaweed Brain?"

"I just remembered, I have to go to swimming in 30 minutes. But I guess I'll see you later?"

"You can't get rid of me that easily. I'll come and watch you! Then maybe we can go get something to eat after?"

"Sounds great Annabeth. Come on, I don't want to be late."

"Ok, but let me go to the bathroom first, I'm going to change into comfortable shorts and my tee."

I quickly changed and then he pulled me down a few hallways until we reached the pool. There were a couple people already swimming, as school was already over, but most of the swimmers were walking into the locker rooms.

"I'll see you in a few." He said as he also walked to the locker rooms. I decided to go a watch by the benches a few feet away from the pool, but when I sat down, someone else came and sat down too, someone I had been trying to avoid.

"Hey Annabeth!" I turned to my left to see the (hopefully) one and only Bella Steen. Yay!

"Hello Bella." I say, trying to keep as much of the disgust and hatred I felt towards her out of my voice. I didn't do a very good job, but I get I didn't put much effort. Hey! Don't blame me! You try to steal my boyfriend you make my bad side.

"So Annabeth, here." Bella handed me two envelopes. "Its the invitation to my pool party!"

"Great!" I say sarcastically.

"I know right?" she said excitedly, ignoring my sarcasm. "And you and Percy are invited to my pre-shopping party. We all get to buy new swimsuits for it! Isn't it wonderful? You and Percy are in my group with Mark. Four per group!" I know what she is trying to do. She hopes that she can win him over by her figure. She is so on.

"I can't wait!" And this time I really meant it.

"Well see you later!" She walked away slowly. Right when Percy walked out, looking very sexy in his sea green trunks that matched his eyes, Bella started walking towards him. But before she could, he ran and jumped in the water. I watched as she pouted then walked away.

Seeing her face made me laugh.

"What are you laughing at Wise Girl?" Percy said smiling and pulling himself out of the pool.

"Nothing," I say innocently, and I can't help but stare at his perfectly tanned skin and his obvious six pack.

"Oh... really?" I noticed him look around the building, maybe seeing if there was anyone else in here? then he walked towards me. Oh no he's going to use his powers to splash me! But that is not what he did. He did use his powers, but he made a giant hand, grabbed me and pulled me in the pool, shoes and all, but my knife was in my bag. Then he jumped in after me.

"Percy!" I complained, a huge smile on my face.

"What did I do?"

"You're such a Seaweed Brain!" Then a man I had never seen before walked in. He was extremely big and buff and he had strange familiar looking tattoos on his arms. They said things like I eat bones for breakfast. By the looks of it, Percy had never seen him either.

"Hello Mr. Jackson. I heard you would be here. And you are?" He asked me.

"I'm Annabeth, Annabeth Chase."

"Nice to meet you Annabeth. I'm Mr. Maye. I'm the substitue for today. Your swim coach had a sudden illness. But where is everyone else?"

"They are coming I'm sure. It is tryouts after all."

"Yes yes. Very good. And you Perseus are the captain?" he said with a smirk. Wait, Perseus? Nobody calls him that except. I jump out of the pool and run to my bag where I set my knife next to before I was pulled in. Just in time to because the 'substitute coach' started to grow. Taller and hairier. Percy realized too because he got a few water balls formed. He was in his true form now, stupid mist, and he was a Laistrygonian Giant.

"Great! Another one?" Percy asked, clearly annoyed. I give a small smile, remembering the first time we fought them.

"Oh, you realized what I am? Very good Perseus. They told me you weren't the brightest."

"Hey! I take offence to that!"

"Shut up Seaweed Brain!" I say, again with a smile. I can't help it! I'm sorry with the smiling, but he just makes me smile!

"Go!" I yell. I grab my invisibility hat, yank it on, grab my knife and slowly walk towards the beast. Percy then makes the water balls fly at the monster, putting him in a daze and then I quickly stab him, turning him to dust. Percy then quickly cleans the dust off of the ground and I yank off my cap.

"If monsters are going to come after us," I say annoyed, "can't they at least be a little more challenging? That was too easy!"

"Come on Wise Girl, I'll dry you off." He gave a small wave of his hand and me, my hair and my clothes were instantly dried. He hopped out of the pool and gave me a light kiss. "Nice stabbing!"

"Thanks, Nice throwing those water balls!"

"Hey! All in a days work! And we defeated him in perfect time, everybody is starting to come in!"

"Have fun Seaweed Brain." I say as I walk back to the bench where my backpack is. I do my homework as Percy starts his tryouts, but I wasn't really doing my homework. I had way too many things I my mind at the moment. Mark, Percy, Bella, Percy, Bella's party, Percy, my plans for Olympus and did I mention Percy? I was scared I was going to lose him, I was anxious for our talk about everything and I was seriously loving his six pack! But do you know what I loved even more than his six pack? Him.

I posted! Even though its not very good I still posted! I know its short, I know its bad, but its late. The monster was pretty easy, right? Any ideas for other monsters? Because I couldn't think of any... Well I guess I hope you like it! Comment, Critique, just don't be too harsh, vollyeball is stressful so I could do with some good comments. Junior Varsity or Varsity here I come!