Chapter 22

Sorry for the wait... I don't own PJO and here is Chapter 22 I hope you like it.

Percy's POV
Leaving Annabeth's apartment, I had this strange feeling, as if something bad was going to happen. As my mom drove us home, I just did my best to shake it off. I grabbed my bags from the trunk and dragged them to my bedroom. I started unpacking. I kept thinking of everything that happened this weekend. It was a pretty eventful few days at camp. Ugh camp. I missed it so much. It was a place where I could just be me. No secrets or lies, well sort of, no school or parents (even though I love my mom), and no anxiety about monsters under the bed (metaphorically speaking). I know it might sound crazy, but I also already began to miss the times I would spend with Annabeth at camp. They were quiet and peaceful, we could spar anytime and the beach was always perfect.

I also thought of Bella. It was weird how--

"Percy!" my mom called, "it's Annabeth!"

As she said Annabeth's name I went sprinting down the stairs. I hope she's alright. I hope nothing happened to her. Did I do something? Was she attacked by another monster? Was she--

I grabbed the phone from my mom who then left to give me some privacy. "Annabeth? Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Percy," she said, then I heard her begin to cry. (I know this might be out of character, but let's just go with it...)

"Do you know what Annabeth? I'll be over in a minute ok?"

"T-thanks Percy. See you soon then." She quickly hung up.

"Mom!" I called, "I'm going to see Annabeth."

She walked in smiling, "Miss her already? You just saw her like ten minutes ago!"

"Yeah I know," I said running to grab my coat and shoes, "but she sounded upset, I think she was crying."

"Oh," the smile wiped off her face, "I'll drive you. I hope nothing is wrong."

"Can we just go please?" I did my best not to sound rude, but to no success.

"Ok ok, let me just grab my coat." I then raced to the car.

Five minutes later I was knocking on the Chase's door while my mom waited for me in the car. Annabeth opened the door, her eyes slightly red from crying. I pulled her into a hug when she just broke down again. We just stood there, I began to comfortingly stroke her head. A few seconds later I pulled apart and I walked her to the couch where I placed her on my lap. She leaned back into me.

"Annabeth, can you please tell me what's wrong?" I asked, in a kind of panicky way. Hey, my Annabeth is in some sort of pain and that is not ok with me.

She turned to face me, "Percy... I'm moving back to California."

"Well that isn't so bad... wait, WHAT?"

I watched as a single tear fell down her cheek. "I-I'm moving back to California next week. My dad's job. He-we have to move back to San Francisco..."

"But you just got here!" I protested. "You can't leave!" I held on to her as if I would never see her again.

"He said that there wasn't another way... and as much as I love camp, I don't want to stay there year round anymore. Friday will be my last day in New York."

I pulled my Annabeth in closer... "It'll be all right. We could, Iris message everyday, maybe send letters!" I marveled at my brilliant plan. Annabeth smiled up at me.

"Definitely." she said. "Percy, you better go, we do have school tomorrow." We both got up and she walked me to the door. "Thanks for coming over." She gave me a quick hug and shut the door behind me.

I got back into the car where my mom was waiting for me. "So what's happened? Is Annabeth alright?"

"She's fine," I started, "but she has to move back to California..."

A sad silence filled the car.

***

The next day, I quickly threw on a hopefully clean t-shirt and jeans. When I got to school, I rushed to my locker to grab my books that I needed. Then I started walking towards Annabeth's locker, hoping she was already here at school. She was, and to my surprise, so was Bella. The only difference in Bella's attire was her eye color. She must've left her colored contacts out. She was still dressed in skimpy clothing with heavy makeup, but definitely less than usual.

"Hey Annabeth," I said, giving her a small peck on the lips. "Bella, what are you doing here? Weren't you going to stay at camp?"

"I decided to go every weekend. I don't want to have to miss school because I hate making up work."

"Ok," I stretched out, sort of confused by this change in pesonality, "Annabeth we better get to class."

All of my morning classes went by extremely fast. We continued to read the Odyssey (taking notes and doing worksheets and stuff along the way) in English. Algebra was a pain for me as usual, but not for Annabeth. Greek Mythology was a piece of cake... Annabeth and I were competing for the #1 student. And then came lunch.

Annabeth walked over to our usual table with all of our friends. The only difference was that Bella came to sit with us... and she wasn't all over me (Thanks gods). I heard Annabeth and Bella talking.

"The trajectory of the sun..." Ok, something brainy that I wouldn't understand.

"Oh hey Percy," Annabeth said, looking up from her conversation.

"Hey Annabeth!" I said hi to the rest of the gang at the table and Bella.

"Percy, what's wrong?" Lindsay asked, "you're normally so upbeat and happy! What happened?"

"Annabeth has to move back to California this weekend..."

"WHAT!!!!" The entire table shouted. We got many annoyed looks from the surrounding tables. I looked over at my beautiful girlfriend who was looking down at the table.

"Yeah, my dad got a call the other day, we have to move back to San Francisco for his stupid job."

"You guys are kidding... right?" Hayley asked in disbelief. See, this would probably hit her the hardest out of all of us, well, except for me obviously, because Annabeth and Hayley had really started to bond, Lindsay too, but not as much since she was hanging out with her boyfriend all of the time.

"No, I wish though." I said.

"Well this sucks..." Matt said, but then got a gleam in his eye, like he just had a brilliant idea. He quickly whispered into Lindsay's ear and she then had a huge smile on her face and she nodded as if in agreement.

"What?" I asked, curiosity getting the best of me.

"Ummm, nothing," Lindsay said.

Then Matt chimed in, "yeah, uh, tell you later."

Hmmm... wonder what that's about.

Lunch went by in a flash. After the bell rang, I quickly gave Annabeth a kiss before she walked to her Architectue class and I pulled Matt aside. "So dude, what's up?"

"Oh yeah, well, before Annabeth leaves, could we throw a surprise going away party for her at you place?" So that's what that was...

"Totally! It'll be fun!"

"Yeah, kind of small, but just us, no parents, no other people. Is that cool with you?"

"Yeah, I'm positive my mom will let us have the place to ourselves for the night, but could we invite some of our camp friends? The ones who came to Bella's swim party? They'll be sad she is leaving too."

"Sure, we can talk more later, let's just get to class."

Even though I was incredibly sad for Annabeth to leave, I was really excited for this party. I just hope it won't be like the last one we went to...

Thank you all soooo sooo sooo much for the wait, I've had exams all week and have kind of been stressing out, but they're almost done, got A*s on all of them so far so that's good!!! Well, there you go. Hope you like it. I'm working on the next chapter already and will start posting bits and pieces of chapters starting maybe next chapter... it depends how far I get tonight.