Game Changer // Thomas

"Damn, that boy is fine." You sighed wistfully, gazing thoughtfully at the blond boy you had come to know during your years in the maze. While you and Newt were the best of friends and practically inseparable, you wanted more. You craved for something to change between the two of you, romantically speaking. Unfortunately, you still grasped onto at least an ounce of dignity and there was no way that you would just tell him how you truly felt. Not without knowing if he reciprocated, at least.

"Just tell him already, then." Another close friend of yours, Minho, said. Minho possessed the confidence and wits in your friendship. He always encouraged you to conquer your fears and stand up for what you believed in. "I'm sure he feels the same way."

"Yeah, but do you though?" You peeked at him out of the corner of your eye, your attention still primarily glued to the boy who held your heart. "Do you really? I mean, are you absolutely positive that he feels the same way?"

"No, but it's worth a shot." He responded earnestly, and you rolled your eyes.

"I thought you were supposed to be the wise one." You grumbled, muttering a quick farewell before walking off. There had to be someone else that you could go to. Someone who would send you off in the right direction with your current predicament. A guy who could truly convince you to make the right decision. "Tommy!"

"Y/N, hey!" Thomas grinned, waving and tugging you into a quick hug. "I haven't seen you all morning, where were you?"

"Just getting some terrible guy advice from Minho."

"You went to Minho for advice?" He chuckled, pressing the back of his hand to your forehead. You playfully rolled your eyes before removing his hand.

"Who else is there to go to?" You held out your hands defensively.

"Newt? Me?"

"Yeah, not going to happen."

"About who? Newt or me?"

"Yes."

"Oh, slim it." He knocked his shoulder into yours with a laugh. "Who's this about anyway? Scott, the new guy?"

"No!"

"Okay, good. He has these weird anger issues and I could have sworn I heard him barking in his sleep."

"That's so not true." You laughed, the two of you beginning to walk around the glade. Unknowingly, you had traveled near to where Newt stood, conversing with another glader whose name you didn't care enough to remember. Glancing over to Thomas, an idea vastly unraveled in your mind. Your hand shot out to intertwine your fingers with his, and he looked at you questioningly. You leaned in closer to him and whispered, "Just go with it."

"Hey Y/N, Tommy." Newt greeted you both kindly. You held back a smirk upon watching his eyes flicker down to your conjoined hands. The other man whom he had been previously speaking to awkwardly left, leaving the three of you to yourselves. Newt brought a hand up to rub the back of his neck, eyes shifting around uncomfortably. "How are ... how are you guys doing?"

"We're great. How about you?" You grinned politely, nonchalantly. You noticed Thomas fidgeting nervously beside you, and you simply squeezed his hand. You smiled at him softly.

"I'm fine. Um ... are you ... are you guys–"

"Yeah. Yes, we are." You rose your connected hands briefly and nodded.

"We're dating. We're together. She's my girlfriend." Thomas rambled, only quieting after receiving the gentle squeeze of your hand again.

"We are dating." You clarified for the boy, leaning in closer to Thomas. It almost felt natural to be this close to him. It made you feel comfortable, at peace. You masked your confusion and delight with another smile.