Her // Stiles Stilinski

Your P.O.V

My peaceful slumber was put to an end thanks to the horrible raucous that appeared to be two pans clanging against each other repeatedly. With a groan, I borrowed my face deeper into my pillow, wanting nothing more than to be left alone.

"Y/N wake up!" A serene voice cooed from across the room. I quickly identified the voice belonging to Melissa, my temporary mother for the time being.

I nodded into the pillow, hoping that she saw it. Judging by the retreating footsteps and no further pestering, she did. With much difficulty, I pulled myself out of bed and began to get ready for the day.

Even as a child, I had been in love with the idea of travelling. Something about meeting new people and learning about new traditions just gave me a fuzzy feeling inside. Therefore, as a birthday present from my mother, I was given the opportunity to participate in a foreign exchange student program. Of course, I had chosen to live in America—California, to be exact—for the next year.

The McCall family were more than happy to let me live with them during my trip, which I was very thankful for. The mother, Melissa, and her son, Scott, were the nicest people I have ever met. They respected my space and anxiousness about being here due to my shyness.

Perhaps I could have at least tried to work on that during the multiple times that Scott invited me to hang out with his friends, but I politely declined each time with the excuse of wanting to get settled in.

My introverted personality was the main reason as to why I was so nervous. I wasn't too fond of the idea that I'd possibly be the only one with an accent at school. It would make me stick out even more, which made me feel sick. Sure, I was actually quite fluent in English so it was only that accent I had to add to my list of worries.

I had just finished getting ready when there was a knock on the door. Too overwhelmed with my thoughts and fears, I just went over and opened it, revealing a smiling Scott. I was too nervous to give one back. The smile slipped from his face and he instead stepped closer to me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Hey, everything will be fine. Just be yourself and everyone will like you."

"What if I do something stupid?" I said with a small voice. People were bound to think I was weird if I were to make one wrong move.

"Well, I'll be right by your side the whole day to stop you from doing anything." The same smile made its return on his face, causing me to let out a small chuckle. Although I have only been here for a few days, Scott has been like nothing but a brother to me. Knowing that he'd be with me the whole day eased some of the anxiety.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Stiles P.O.V

"Woah. Hey," I said, catching Malia's attention, who was sitting next to me at lunch. Taking her attention away from her food, she looked at me questioningly. Bobbing my head towards what might be the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, I asked, "Who is that?"

"I don't know." She shrugged, tilting her head slightly. "I wouldn't get your hopes up though because she looks pretty happy with Scott."

Switching my gaze just a few inches over, I finally noticed Scott standing beside her. They did look pretty happy. My heart dropped at the sight. Wasn't he dating Kira?

"Oh, be quiet, Malia." Lydia scolded from across the table, letting a small smile fall onto her lips. "That's just his exchange student."

My eyes nearly bulged out of my skull, almost choking on the water I had just drank. "That's her?!"

"Yeah," She grinned. "She's pretty, isn't she?"

"Pretty?" I mocked. "Are you kidding me? She's gorgeous!"