Chapter 39 - Picture Perfect

Chris walked into the house, ending a phone call. Findind his fincée in the kitchen, with a glass of water, while working on her laptop on the island, he kissed her cheek.

"Alright. Thanks for calling me with this news, man. I really appreciate it. Have you given Allie a call?"

Chris stood silent, eyeing Cassie, hoping she didn't assume anything from him just saying Allie's name.

"Alright then, thanks again for the news. I'm about to tell Cassie about it now." he said. "Alright, man. Take care."

He ended the call and sighed, sitting next to his fiancée. "Baby, guess what?"

She looked at him, still typing on her laptop. "What?" she said.

"Trenton got life in prison."

She stopped typing and stared at him. "Life? That's great!" she smiled. "Well, not that it's great that your brother is being thrown in prison, but he did some pretty awful things."

"No, it is great. He needs to do all the time in the world after what he's done.

"But how did it happen so sudden? I mean, when did they go to court?" she asked.

"He had confessed. He confessed to murdering Mel and Loren, he said that he was was the one that actually shot Destiny, he's a reason behind Jackson's suicide, and attempting to kill Allie. There is no way he's going to see the outside world again."

"Good. I know he's your brother and all, but he's getting what he deserves." Cassie said.

"Anyways, how is my fiancée and my baby?" he asked, placing his hand on her stomach.

"We're fine." she smiled.

"You better be feeding my baby right." he said.

"What? I am feeding the baby right."

"No, I mean healthy."

"Whatever me and your baby agree on to eat, that's what we're going to have." she wagged her finger.

"That there made me think that we're going to have a little girl." He said, chuckled.

"Really?" she sucked her teeth. "We're going to have a boy. I just know it."

"You think you know everything." he said. "I want a little girl. Someone who'll be as beautiful as her mother." he stroked her chin.

"Me and her are going to have problems because all we'll do is fight over you." she giggled.

"You're going to always be my leading lady," Chris said to her, "if we have a daughter, that'll be a bonus. I know she will be spoiled by her daddy. When she gets here, I can't spoil you anymore." he laughed.

She sucked her teeth and pouted.

"Awe, don't pout baby." he grinned. "I'm only kidding. I'm still going to spill my queen."

"You better." She playfully cut her eyes at him.

"So, have you told Mya?" Chris asked.

"I haven't talked to Mya in a few days." She'd answered.

"And why not?" He asked.

"I've just been pretty busy." She said.

He gave her a look indicating that he didn't believe her. "Cassie, don't do this to her. She's your best friend."

"I know, which is why I want her to be my maid of honor in our wedding." She said. "This is my plan." She adjusted her seating to face him. "I'm going to tell her about the baby first and if she doesn't take that well, then I'll tell her about the engagement and her position in the wedding and she should be thrilled."