Chapter 8 - Snakes

After spending over a month in Miami, Trenton and Destiny was finally back in New Orleans. She spent days inside the hotel room after her visit to the hospital. Chris convinced Trenton to take her to the hospital, but Trenton made sure Destiny didn't tell them what really happened.

At home, Destiny was resting in their bed and Trenton came home from what was a long day at the studio.

"Hey, baby." She smiled when she saw him. "How was your day?" She asked.

He groaned, ignoring her and walking into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

The doorbell rang and Destiny got up to answer it. She already knew it was Allie.

"Hey, girl." Destiny greeted her friend and let her in the house.

"Hey, pumpkin." Allie hugged her and made her way into the house. Allie went straight into the living room, getting comfortable. "Where's Trent?" She asked.

"He's upstairs in the bedroom, probably taking a shower." Destiny answered.

Halfway ignoring Destiny's response, Allie reached for the television remote control. "Guess who's going to be in Drake's new video?" She said with a smirk.

Destiny's eyes widened. "You?" She asked with excitement.

Allie nodded.

"Allie that's great! When is it?" She asked.

"Next month." She answered. "And I want you to go with me." She requested.

"Me?" 

"Yes." Allie answered. "Why wouldn't I take my girl with me. We could have some fun out in LA."

"Back to LA?" Destiny was convinced.

Allie nodded with a smile.

"If I can talk Trenton into going, then yeah, I'll go." Destiny said. "You know he doesn't like me going anywhere without him."

Allie sighed, rolling her eyes. "I'll talk to him myself." She stood up.

"How about you wait until he gets out the bathroom." Destiny said, pulling Allie back on the couch.

Allie laughed. "Oh, right."

As they were chatting with the television on, Trenton came downstairs into the living room with nothing but a towel on. "Baby, could you go to get me some food from Big Shirley's?" He asked, leaning over on the sofa, massaging her shoulders.

Allie loudly cleared her throat. "Um, hello to you Trenton." She said with an attitude.

He frowned his face at her. "What's good?" He replied, not really wanting to speak to her.

"Babe, Shirley's is like twenty minutes away." Destiny complained. "You don't want anything closer to the house?" She asked.

"Yeah," Allie interjected. "How about you eat something closer to the house." She smirked at him.

Trenton ignored Allie. "Please, baby. Do that for your man?" He kissed her cheek and disappeared.

"Now that it hit me, another reason why I came over here was to borrow that dress from you." Allie mentioned. "The red one you wore at your last appearance in New York a few months ago."

Destiny stood up. "Help yourself." She walked into the kitchen to get the car keys. "I'll be back in a little bit." She went for the front door.

Allie wasted no time to go upstairs once Destiny left the house. Entering the bedroom, she found Trenton stretched out on the bed, watching television, still wrapped in his towel that had the his initials, TM, in a fancy font. She walked into Destiny's closet that was filled with clothes.