Chapter 29 - It's a Small World

Drew scaned the papers on his desk one last time before placing them back in the manilla envelope. There was a knock on his door, just as he expected. "Come in." He called out.

Derrick walked in the office, "What's good, bro? You got those papers?" He asked.

"Yep," Drew sighed, "I just put them in the envelope." He picked up the envelop and handed them to Derrick.

"Okay, cool!" Derrick took the envelop from him and sat on the sofa and took the documents out the envelope. He sat silently as he scanned them. "So, are you sure this is what you want to do?" He asked.

"Yep." Drew responded. "It's the only choice I have. I don't want to be with her anymore, especially if she doesn't want to be with me." He shrugged, putting his focus on his computer screen.

"Okay, man." Derrick sighed.

"You know, I've been thinking." Drew started, "I think it's time that Joy meets her baby brother."

"You think so?" Derrick asked.

Drew nodded. "I don't want to wait too late for them to meet and I would love to take the both of them out together. I just have to be sure Angel is cool with it first."

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind." Derrick said, "but what about LaTrice?"

"What about her?" Drew frowned. "She left us, she left our daughter, so she doesn't get a say so in any of this."

Derrick threw his hands up, indicating he was letting go of the topic. "Okay. Well, I need to head back to the office and pay my lady a visit."

"I never saw it coming, but you and Angel make a nice couple." Drew said. 

"Think so?" Derrick asked as he stood up.

"Yea. Since y'all been together, she became a sweet spirit." He chuckled. "She's changed since I met her."

"I hope I'm a reason."

"You might be, so whatever you're doing, which I don't want to know exactly what it is," he chucckled, throwing up his hands, "but she seems well and deserves someone like you." Drew said sincerely.

"Thanks man," Derrick shook his brother's hand before he left.

Derrick stopped by his office and took the envelope to hs Derrick got to Angel's office and waited for her to get out of a meeting. She was excited to see him when he came.

Trying to contain her excitement in front of her assistant, Angel hugged Derrick. "Hey, baby."

She led him into her office, "You're acting like you haven't seen me in a long time." he chuckled.

"Feels like it," she closed the door after they walked into her office.

"You just saw me yesterday." He laughed.

"You know how long ago that was?"

They laughed.

"Come here," Derrick pulled Angel close to him, "I missed you too." he gave her a peck on the lips.

He sat in the chair and pulled her in his lap. "So, I was thinking we could go out on a date some time soon."

"A date sounds nice." She wrapped her arms around his neck. "I can call Jordan and Drew and see if they would keep the kids tonight, if we can make this date tonight." She said.

"That's cool, but if not, we can set it for another day." Derrick said.

"They love keeping their kids, so it shouldn't be a problem." She assured.