Chapter 16 - Married People

Being married was a bliss. For the last month, Mya and Jordan were enjoying every moment being married. Since it was summer, Mya was only working at the studio. She was four months pregnant and they were both excited about finding out the sex of their baby pretty soon. 

Although she was pregnant, she still managed to teach her summer dance classes with no problem except being tired after rehearsal. As she sat on the floor, counting as her senior group danced, she was starving. She got up, "Y'all keep going, I'm going to get a snack." Some of her students cracked a smile as she walked to her office.

She went and got her snack and returned back to the floor. She quickly wrapped up rehearsal, dismissing her group for the night.

Later that evening while she was at home waiting for Jordan to get off of work, Cassie called her.

"Hey, Cassandra. It's so nice of you to give me a call." She said sarcastically. Since Cassie moved in with Chris, she barely saw her and Mya missed seeing and talking to Cassie almost everyday.

"Hey, YaYa.  I miss you." Cassie said, convincing enough to make Mya flash a smile. "How are you and that precious baby?" She asked.

"We're fine." Mya replied.

"How about your new husband?" She asked.

"He's great." She smiled. "The house seems so weird without you in it, Cassandra." Mya wined.

Cassie chuckled. "Girl, if you don't stop all of that. I can alway pay you guys a visit."

"You have to, especially after the baby is born." Mya stated.

"I bet your belly is growing like crazy." Cassie said. "I still have to buy gifts and plan your baby shower. Don't think just because I moved that I've forgotten my duties as your dearest friend."

"I hope you didn't forget."

"As soon as I you find out the sex, then you give me a call asap, then I can get this party started."

Mya loved having Cassie as a friend. She was the closest thing like a little sister to her. Cassie was just the kind of person Mya needed to be friends with. Although Cassie is three years younger than Mya, Cassie babied and spoiled Mya.

"We should have dinner this week." Mya suggested.

"Okay, that's fine. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there." Cassie agreed. "If Chris isn't busy, then I could bring him too."

"Okay. I'll give you a call back later on. Until then, love you girl."

When their call ended, Jordan was just walking into the house. Mya glanced at the time. 

"You're home a bit early." She mentioned.

"I'm a married man. I want to be at home with my wife." He sat next to her, kissing her lips. "Mm, I missed you so much." He face stayed close to hers. 

She smiled. "I missed you too, pookie."

"And I missed you." He placed his hands on her stomach, talking directly to the baby. "How was work?" He asked, looking up at her.

"It was good. I've had these weird cravings all day and got nothing that I wanted." She sucked her teeth.

"Well, daddy's here now and he's going to give you everything you want." He smirked.

"He already gave me a baby, and that's enough." She giggled.

"Don't act like you wasn't loving it when daddy gave you that baby. The way you were saying my name." He laughed.