Part 11

Early Thursday morning before leaving for campus Pha made a call to his father. "Good morning father I would like to come to the house on the weekend I need to speak with you, would you be alright with that?"

"If this concerns canceling the engagement again then that would be a no."

Pha knew better by now not to tell his father his true intention coming over to the house.

"No father, it's nothing to do with that." Pha did not think this a lie as he would not be speaking about the engagement but about the person he was engaged to and her father.

"Glad to hear that you are finally accepting what is best for you."

"Yes father, I will do as you say and marry her, she spoke to me yesterday and after thinking on what she said I knew it was inevitable so I decided to accept it." Pha cringed saying those words, but he chose the time and place and these specific words because he knew the room was bugged and because without them his father would not allow him to come up to the house. This was one of the things that had been discussed last night. The only thing he wished was that Beam would have been with them during the planning stage but,there was no time, and he new without a shadow of a doubt that Beam would agree with what needed to be done.

"Father I have one thing to ask of you," He waited until his father asked ,"What is it boy? speak up."

"Would it be alright if I brought my friends over?" His father let out an annoyed breath,"You know that I do not like your friends."It was not posed as a question but as mere statement of fact. "Know Father," he said in a soft voice while trying to be patient, " We only want to use the pool to relax a bit. "Alright as long as they don't get under foot, you can bring them."

"thank you father, I appreciate your patience and kindness."

"What time do you plan on getting here?"

"We should be there around 10 AM ."

"Alright see you on Saturday then Phana."

"Please let mother know I send greetings, goodbye father"

This was the kind of relationship Pha had with his parents cold and emotionless, it was not that they did not care it was simply that they did not know how. The most love Pha ever received was from his friends and their families.

*****

In a room upstairs a so and so was dancing at what she'd finally accomplished who new that using those words yesterday would have made Pha change his mind. she was finally getting what she'd been craving for the next step was to get him to sleep with her although now there was no rush to use the drug her father had given. She would put his hurtful words to her to the back of her mind for now. After dancing around a while she went to get ready for her day

*****

When Pha got downstairs he found Beam already waiting for him. He quickly got in the car less that woman should show up before he could tell Beam of what took place the day before. "Morning Beam, beautiful day isn't it?" Beam looked over at his companion, "you're in a good mood this morning."

"Yep, let's get out of here." Once they were out of the parking lot Pha asked "Didn't you get my message last night?" beam gave a short laugh and a shake of the head, "Did you forget I was with my mum? You know her number one rule ..."

"...No technology during family time," they both said together. "When back home and forgot to turn it back on, and this morning I still did not remember. Sorry."

"It's okay I'll tell you now." On the short drive to the campus Pha told Beam what happened the previous night the plans that had been made and what he'd done this morning.."I'm so happy for you Pha. Does that mean that everything is over?"

"Yes and no," Pha responded. "Today is Thursday This will not be officially over until I speak to my parents on Saturday."

"That means you must keep your nose clean until then and not let your temper get the best of you. Unfortunately that means playing nice with her."

"I know I almost blew it yesterday, all the hard work you guys did almost went out the window."

"It's cool Pha I get were you're coming from, I know it's tiring you just have to make it through today and tomorrow, I know you can do it I'm here for you."

When Pha looked at Beam his eyes were shimmering with un-shed and his heart was so full of affection no one had ever told him that he was understood before, the only thing he could say was, "You are truly the best Beam."

By that time they'd arrived at their faculty they saw Kit standing out front waiting for them , he looked so excited as soon as his friends pull into a parking spot he ran to them opened the back door of the car and started talking a mile a minute, "Pha did you tell Beam?"

"Yes he did, Kitty calm down." Beam responded. "I'm just so exited right now. Did you make the call?"

"Yes I did." Pha said, "We'll talk about this later, Beam and I need to get something to eat before class starts."

"Actually so do I, Ming couldn't bring me breakfast this morning," Kit said "He had a 'hazing' meeting early today" He pouted. It still surprised both Pha and Beam the way the other boy would behave when it came to his boyfriend, but they new better than to tease him at a time like this.

*****

As soon as classes were over the boys drove over to Beam's dorm, Pha was not in a great mood because today during lunch he'd had to make nice with Pring less she become suspicious. She'd asked about his plans for the weekend. If he said anything other than the truth She'd tried to 'rein' him in and he might just let everything out so avoid such a disaster he'd been polite had even invited her to come over but she'd excused herself since she had other plans the only reason why he'd not blown up in her face was because Beam had been there with him gently soothing him with small discreet touches on his thigh.

Once the boys got to Beam's room both Kit and Pha showed Beam what they'd recorded the previous day, and since Pha had already given him the highlight of the conversation he'd had with Forth and Yo there was no need for repeats, "It's cool that N'Yo's dad will be helping out, If anything goes wrong no one can refute the word of a respected business man like Sir Panichasawad," Beam declared.

"I'm happy that it happened that way as well," Pha said "Who would have thought that he'd help me of all people."

As he said those words Beam looked at him a bit sadden thinking that Pha was still in love with Yo, neither of them realizing that Pha had long gotten over his Nong with the help of a gentle and supporting friend.

Note: apologies for the late update. I wanted to let you know that there will be no update next week, it will be a very busy time for me and I won't have time to edit the upcoming chapter.

Thanks for reading please continue to comment I will answer as soon as I am able.