Part 10

Pha had barely returned home from the mall when there was a knock on his door, he wondered who it could be, he knew that if it were either Kit or Beam they would call to let him know they needed to meet and he knew it was not the leach as Wednesday was one of the nights she would often disappear. "Who is it?"

"It's Forth."

'Forth, what's he doing here?' Pha thought, nevertheless he went to open the door. As soon as the door opened, "Follow me we need to talk," was all his visitor said then walked away. He quickly pick-up his keys and locked his door and ran to follow Forth.

Forth walked up the steps that led up to his room Pha continued to run until he caught up with him, Pha wanted to asked what this was about but he knew Forth would not say anything until he was good and ready. Once they got to Forth's floor they went up to a room two doors up from his room, he unlocked the door and walked in, Pha cautiously followed.

"Babe, I'm back" Forth called out.

'Why did he bring me here?' Pha wondered.

"I'll be right out," a familiar voice called back from the wash room.

"Have a seat Pha."

"What's going on Forth?" Pha asked as he did what he was told.

"You'll know in a while," he replied monotonously. A couple a minutes later Yo stepped out of the bathroom, although he was fully dressed one could see he'd just showered as his hair was still damp. Forth looked at him and frowned "You didn't dry your hair properly again,you'll get sick" he said in a tone tinged with worry. "It's okay Phi I didn't want to make you wait."Then he looked toward Pha and smiled "Sawadee Krup Phi," Pha was a bit uncomfortable with the present situation but nonetheless he returned the greeting "Sawadee Nong." Yo then pulled his study chair toward the seating area and sat on it, while Pha remained on the sofa and Forth sat on the center table.

"Pha, here's the deal, when you told me about your problem, I in turn asked Yo if he thought his father knew anything about that family." He stopped for a while to look at Yo who in turn gave him an encouraging smile, "At first he was reluctant because he does not usually get involved in his father's affairs; but he said he would try."

Yo then took over the narrative, "My dad does not make it a habit of telling me about his business dealings because he's always known that I'm not interested. When I came to him asking about that family he was quite surprise to say the least. He wanted to know why I was interested in them. P'Pha I hope you won't get mad, I've never had to lie to my dad about anything, so I went ahead and related to him what P'Forth told me."

The whole time Pha sat there not saying anything expecting the worse. Yo then got up and pick-up an envelope that laid on his work desk. "P'Pha that family is bankrupt," Yo stated. That piece of information finally shocked Pha to speak, "What?" he blurted out, " How is that possible? How can she still afford to go here if this is true?"

"This is all the information you'll need. Apparently Mr. Wijitan has been asking people to invest in the hospital. It would appear my dad does not hand out money without first investigating the business and the owners who are asking for the investment." Yo shook is head at his own words. Then continued, "The hospital itself is not bankrupt, at the moment it is still viable. But Mr. Wijitan is personally bankrupt. My dad found out that he'd become addicted to gambling and had lost everything, even his home right now does not belong to him, he lost it in a bet." Yo stopped for a minute contemplating how to put the next bit, "My dad says there is something wrong with the hospital finances, he suspects embezzlement, and the hospital is due for an audit soon."

Pha sat there in shock not knowing what to say, all the pieces had come together with help from the most unlikely of source. He's happy that the person he had once loved was still the same kind hearted boy who'd taken a lost kitten home. With this new information Pha had finally found his way out he didn't even need to bug that woman's room anymore. He'd be sure to pray tonight and thank the deities who had come to his aid.

" I don't know how to thank you guys. Thank you so much." He gave them both a wai to show his appreciation. Yo quickly said "There is is no need for that P'Pha, it is what I should do for my senior," yet both he and Forth responded to the wai as it was the polite thing to do. Pha was breathless for a moment, knowing that the end of his ordeal was finally in sight. "Guys do you mind holding unto these documents until I can arrange an appointment with my father on the weekend? My room is still not secured nor is my car. Kit and Beam are out right now. What I'm trying to say is I don't think those will be safe with me." Yo took back the envelope and placed it in his desk drawer.

Pha suddenly stopped for a moment, "The bankruptcy would explain those videos then," Pha murmured. If only he knew that was only one of the reasons.

"Bingo," Forth replied.

"My father had planned on a large dowry. I guess that that would cover some of his gambling debt, or if Yo's dad is right and he's embezzled money he needs to replace it before that audit." Pha frowned " I guess he was planning to leach money off of my father once his daughter and I were married,"

"Maybe you are right Pha, but don't sit on this for too long, get rid of that woman before she poison's your reputation."

"Forth, may I ask a favor of you guys?"

"Sure, Yo and I will help as long and as much as we can." He said holding unto his boyfriends hand. " Would you guys come with me this weekend? My father does not trust me much since he knows that I've tried many things to get rid of her since he engaged me to her."

"I'll do you one better Yo," declared, "My dad did say I could call on him if you had troubled convincing your parents." Suddenly Pha's outlook on the future was much brighter and he could see the clouds that had been blocking the view moving away. Just then Pha's phone rang, "Excuse me, let me take this." Pha said, " it's Kit."

"Hey kit, what's up?"

"Where are you?"

"I"m with Forth and Yo. Why?"

"I found some really important information tonight ."

"So did I. Where are you right now?"

"I'm on my way to your building."

"Hold on....Forth can Kit come up here?"

"Yeah sure."

"When you get here come up to the fifth floor, I'll be waiting for you in front of the room." He then ended the call and pocketed his phone.

"Kit says he found some really important information. It would seem that all the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place." Pha laughed humorlessly, "I'll go me wait for Kit outside, he hates waiting on others." Wayo laughed at that as he knew it to be true because of something Ming related to him recently.

Pha got up and went to stand outside waiting for kit while there he sent a message to Beam.

*I think it's finally over Beam. I will be a free man in a matter of days.* He typed as a smile hovered over his lips.

Soon Kit arrived " What are you doing up here?" Pha smiled, "Getting help," he said mysteriously.

When Kit got there they went into the room Forth summarized for Kit what Pha already knew then Kit grin and played the conversation he'd recorded earlier that night. After the revelation that Pha had gotten he'd totally forgotten what he'd seen himself earlier in the evening, as soon as he did he shared the video with them. That woman is really bold doing things like that in public especially in our conservative society." Forth said with a whistle.

"And with such a person yuck." Yo said in disgust. After the boys were finished their discussion, " I'll let you know the time for Saturday." Then Pha and Kit left.